Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7383858687888990919293949596979899100101103 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

I'd typically think of myself as a pretty patient guy but this is getting ridiculous. Its now been a full calendar year since I pre ordered my receiver with the expectation for it to be arriving May 2017. The last three months I've been strung along being told it would be in the mail every other week. I can only imagine when it does arrive it will be flawed trash I grossly overpaid for. I guess I should have never got my hopes up and expected yet another cluster F#ck from the Canadian gun industry.

C-71 is near and you will have that cluster F traceable.

CGN Regular
    Maccabees receiver set $1000. Brownells upper and lower receiver set price $78US. Sheesh some day I wish I was American. Oh well at least we can still play if we pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordmam View Post
    Maccabees receiver set $1000. Brownells upper and lower receiver set price $78US. Sheesh some day I wish I was American. Oh well at least we can still play if we pay.
    Billet vs forged
    Proprietary design vs mil spec design
    Canadian material prices vs American material prices
    Small shop vs mass produced assembly line
    Private R&D vs no R&D

It all adds up to higher costs. It's not a simple thing to build prototypes time and time again to get the fitment just right. It takes time to program the cncs with custom tool paths. Maccabe couldn't just take a previously programmed upper and lower CAD design and plunk it into their CNC. That would create a restricted firearm. They had to start at step one and create a whole new design that would be classed as non restricted. They did everyone in our country a huge service by creating this platform.

Is it worth the price tag? To some it is to others it's not. To those who it's not, they can have fun only taking their restricted firearms to the range and back. To those who think it's worth the price we can hunt with ours.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Billet vs forged
    Proprietary design vs mil spec design
    Canadian material prices vs American material prices
    Small shop vs mass produced assembly line
    Private R&D vs no R&D

It all adds up to higher costs. It's not a simple thing to build prototypes time and time again to get the fitment just right. It takes time to program the cncs with custom tool paths. Maccabe couldn't just take a previously programmed upper and lower CAD design and plunk it into their CNC. That would create a restricted firearm. They had to start at step one and create a whole new design that would be classed as non restricted. They did everyone in our country a huge service by creating this platform.

Is it worth the price tag? To some it is to others it's not. To those who it's not, they can have fun only taking their restricted firearms to the range and back. To those who think it's worth the price we can hunt with ours.
    Tell me something I don’t know. I’m just amazed at how cheap it is in the states to play.

You're also comparing prices on bottom of the barrel and not bottom of the barrel pieces

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordmam View Post
    Tell me something I don’t know. I’m just amazed at how cheap it is in the states to play.
    Population equals economies of scale on many things. This does not relate to specialty Canadian firearms but certainly drives home the point that Canada's small population does account for something in the costs of things.
    I need a specialty tool for a project I am working on. The tool purchased through Canadian sources is $750.00 CDN (best price) plus shipping and GST, the identical reamer sourced in the USA through Amazon is $204.00 USD plus $20.00 USD for shipping, plus GST. the total from getting it via Amazon is $305.00. That is a HUGE difference in cost.

Welcome to Canada!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4MeMarbles View Post
    I'd typically think of myself as a pretty patient guy but this is getting ridiculous. Its now been a full calendar year since I pre ordered my receiver with the expectation for it to be arriving May 2017. The last three months I've been strung along being told it would be in the mail every other week. I can only imagine when it does arrive it will be flawed trash I grossly overpaid for. I guess I should have never got my hopes up and expected yet another cluster F#ck from the Canadian gun industry.
    Could be worse. Could have paid in full to wait to years for obsolete, bent Chinese sheet metal.

Any news from Mucho Despacito Industries?

Quote Originally Posted by Hhutch View Post
    Could be worse. Could have paid in full to wait to years for obsolete, bent Chinese sheet metal.
    Stay away from Chinese. Period.
    CCFR — CSSA