Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 788890919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Name me one Canadian manufacturer who has met a time line on a new product? Even today another Canadian manufacturer has had some minor issues that owners had to self remedy.
    1 minor issue that has been remedied fast and a good amount off of what is one of the best buffer assemblies out there for those who opted for it. 1 issue vs maccabees how many?

Major issues

1- mag well in the upper cut wrong.
    2- bolt catch pin hole the wrong size.
    3- using helicoils for threads on the bolt that keeps the whole thing together
    4- anodizer could not properly anodize the product and instead of finding a better one they chose a sub par finish with no discount on an unfinished or poorly finished product

Minor issues
    1- trigger box need to be modified for 90% of the after market triggers out there
    2- early set had visible tool Mark's

So 4 major issues and 2 minor issue vs 1 minor issue. Sure sounds like a top quality piece.

You must be getting a kick back or something for sticking up for them every chance you get. You are about the only one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    .....You must be getting a kick back or something for sticking up for them every chance you get. You are about the only one.
    Yup. Something's going on.

Looks like there's a new AB_blaster / Kidd X around here

1 minor issue that has been remedied fast and a good amount off of what is one of the best buffer assemblies out there for those who opted for it. 1 issue vs maccabees how many?

Major issues

4- anodizer could not properly anodize the product and instead of finding a better one they chose a sub par finish with no discount on an unfinished or poorly finished product

Minor issues
    1- trigger box need to be modified for 90% of the after market triggers out there

So 4 major issues and 2 minor issue vs 1 minor issue. Sure sounds like a top quality piece.

You must be getting a kick back or something for sticking up for them every chance you get. You are about the only one.
    I don’t get any kickbacks and have even defended ATRS’s Modern series when posters like yourself continue to hammer home your ignorance. I have defended the mini 14’s, NEA’s, Stags, Maple Ridge products and a large amount of gas guns out there because I have owned every product I printed positive remarks on. I don’t slam a product unless I have first hand experience.

Case in point the trigger box has been stated by Macabee to take mil-spec triggers with only a select few third party pieces. it appears you did not know that. I have an early production run and the magazines I use all drop free, see I don’t care about using metal pistol mags that are usually problematic in a number of other receivers. A ####ty mag is not MDIs fault.

Gas guns will have problems, all gas guns for that matter maybe just maybe Sans the Daniel Defense OEMs. See I know from experience and understand that guns need tinkering. Even my Tanfoglio needs trigger work right out of the box even at that price which doesn’t bother me because I can handle it. That goes for the SLR short comings.
    Last edited by Sqr; 12-09-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

Helicoils on the takedown bolt are not a problem. They’re going to prevent problems in the future. Aluminum and steel do not mix well. Bolts tend to pull threads if they aren’t lubed for installation. Stainless steel bolts will just increase this problem. I’m glad they went ahead and installed helicolis so I won’t have to in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    Helicoils on the takedown bolt are not a problem. They’re going to prevent problems in the future. Aluminum and steel do not mix well. Bolts tend to pull threads if they aren’t lubed for installation. Stainless steel bolts will just increase this problem. I’m glad they went ahead and installed helicolis so I won’t have to in the future.
    Hallelujah!
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    I gotta say - for all the whining and complaining on here you'd think it's a pile of crap. I for one am 100% happy with mine.

Took it out for the first time yesterday - about 150 rounds. No issues of any kind. Bulk federal ammo was shooting about 1.5" groups, and shot a few nice 0.5-0.7" groups with PMC 77gr match ammo. My upper didn't come loose either - still tight. My anodizing is good, holes all properly sized.

All my mags work, it's accurate and reliable and it's not an AR. What else you need?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar

Major issues

Minor issues

You had all these problems with your receiver?
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Well thank god you got one because TNA has done nothing but bullsh*t me for the last 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    You had all these problems with your receiver?
    Most of the first ones did

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Most of the first ones did
    What did you do to remedy these problems with your receiver set?
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!