Page 83 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6373757677787980818283848586878889909193103 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

I agree his profitability will suffer but he's also several months behind and should just eat the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    It has to do with aluminum. Even though it’s probably coming from a Canadian source the price would’ve jumped quite quickly when the tariffs were imposed. Waiting for the free trade stuff would mean the price comes down again. Seeing as how he’s trying to make receivers he’s already sold he won’t be able to make up the difference in raw material. The problem is lots of you have been waiting months and it’s not fair that he halts production cause he won’t make as much per unit.
    the new USMCA is not going to be in force for 12-18 months. its not even approved in any countries parliament/senate etc yet.

How many people have received theirs so far? Haven’t seen a whole lot of people. Maybe less than 10, and even fewer YouTube videos from actual owners. Where is TNA on the pre order list?
    Pro Patria
    09-03-06 🇨🇦 11-27-13
    We Will Remember Them

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty11 View Post
    How many people have received theirs so far? Haven’t seen a whole lot of people. Maybe less than 10, and even fewer YouTube videos from actual owners. Where is TNA on the pre order list?
    i have mine, but being a single dad, haven't shot it yet... sits next to the rest waiting patiently. If tomorrow is nice, I'l be able to hit the range.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    I got a Maple Ridge 18.6"barrel with a mid-length gas system and I'm planning to shoot heavier bullets from my build, and I saw a lot of people complaining about it saying that it should be rifle-length, too much gas...yadda yadda...

Should I use an adjustable gas block? Or never mind, move on and install a regular gas block on it?
    Colt Canada's 20 inch DMR uses a CARBINE length gas system. I assume they know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    I agree his profitability will suffer but he's also several months behind and should just eat the loss.
    I fully agree. I was just giving a possibility for his reason for being even more behind. He’s made many mistakes along the way and they just keep compounding and making it worse. And for the record I have a receiver set and have received it already. I ordered it as soon as it was released and only just received a “functioning set” 2 weeks ago. The first set I received back August didn’t have the notch for the charging handle.

Shooting 200 yards at steel today. Now over a thousand rounds through the SLR and it continues to chug along. It still hasn’t been stripped to clean other then some oiling and barrel break in cleaning. I must say I really am impressed with this rifle receiver set due to the tightness of the upper to the lower and the clean lines of the slick side. It really is a good looking rifle without the take down pins.

My particular setup has a mid length gas system that is void of bolt bounce and kick. The guys at Maple Ridge have picked the correct gas port size as indicated by the perfect brass ejection pattern.

Last edited by Sqr; 10-13-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty11 View Post
    Just because people aren't posting here or making YouTube videos, doesn't mean nobody has them. I was 35 in TNA's queue, and my set is over serial #200.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Yeah that’s why I was wondering, I know a lot of people don’t post on here or make YouTube videos but was wondering if anyone had an idea of how many SLRs are out there currently..
    Pro Patria
    09-03-06 🇨🇦 11-27-13
    We Will Remember Them

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    lots of them out there now just cause they aren't on nuts showin off don't meen anything
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal