Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 415153545556575859606162636465666768697181 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by 1340 View Post
    Does anyone know who ATRS uses?
    Knowing that would make a bare set more attractive.
    From what I understand, they use Anderson Anodizing in Edmonton.

Oh wow they're very close to me. Might try to get a raw set then or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Oh wow they're very close to me. Might try to get a raw set then or something lol.
    Definitely talk to them first and see if they'll do it, and what the cost would be. Getting a single receiver done could potentially be expensive.

I would be all in for a bare receiver set.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BattleRife's Avatar
    It seems strange that there is such mystery around who is doing anodizing work, and for whom. Spectral Finishing in Surrey shows Dlask Arms, along with a picture of a carbine, right on their major clients web page, I would have thought that would be the norm.
    --BattleRife

Quote Originally Posted by Hhutch View Post
    Option C: accept delivery of bare receivers to be finished by the customer to their own specs?

(Edit: with the proportionate discount of course!)
    This would be my choice. But the discount have to be proportional. Minus $150 - 200 at lease?
    Member of NFA

BANNED
    So going rate on the EE is $1500obo for these sets eh lol

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    So going rate on the EE is $1500obo for these sets eh lol
    I just bought one last night at this price. I probably see it from another angle than you. I chose not to buy into the presale and wait for soneone to sell it when they come out, knowing that I would pay a «#premium#».

I didn’t suffer from any anguish waiting more than a year for my receiver like most of you and I will get mine before the end of next week, so probably before 99% of all thise who chose the pre-sale And at 1500$, I’m still looking at a final price of about 2500$ for an almost real ar-15, which is better than any other NR option at the moment if you consider that wannabe AR’s like the Rob Arms, B&T, X95, ACR, etc cost the same or more and don’t have even 1% of the customisation possibilities of the AR.

Taking all of that into cosideration, the 500$ premium is a small price to pay to skip ahead of the line and preserve my mental health lol

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by m_falafel View Post
    I just bought one last night at this price. I probably see it from another angle than you. I chose not to buy into the presale and wait for soneone to sell it when they come out, knowing that I would pay a «#premium#».

I didn’t suffer from any anguish waiting more than a year for my receiver like most of you and I will get mine before the end of next week, so probably before 99% of all thise who chose the pre-sale And at 1500$, I’m still looking at a final price of about 2500$ for an almost real ar-15, which is better than any other NR option at the moment if you consider that wannabe AR’s like the Rob Arms, B&T, X95, ACR, etc cost the same or more and don’t have even 1% of the customisation possibilities of the AR.

Taking all of that into cosideration, the 500$ premium is a small price to pay to skip ahead of the line and preserve my mental health lol
    Still waited more than a year and paid +50% premium to get the first blemished receivers off the line. Not sure about your mental health lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleRife View Post
    It seems strange that there is such mystery around who is doing anodizing work, and for whom. Spectral Finishing in Surrey shows Dlask Arms, along with a picture of a carbine, right on their major clients web page, I would have thought that would be the norm.
    Joseph Dlask referred me to Spectral a few years back and thier work and service is top shelf. They have a minimum 50 pc run size last time I used them so guys wanting to get one receiver done are out of luck there but pretty sure they can handle larger production.