Page 45 of 108 FirstFirst ... 253537383940414243444546474849505152535565 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Last edited by benwilliam; 05-09-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    1 cannot successfully legislate an object 2 control an action / If u have a problem & u think someone else is going to fix it for u; u actually have 2 problems / If guns kill people then pens misspell words,spoons make u fat & cars make u drive drunk

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benwilliam View Post
    I posted this on another thread just now, but wanted to get some more coverage in case you guys had more info...

I just checked the MacDef Instagram page, they comment that the Gunstruction tool on A R 1 5 . com has the SLR inputted into the tool.

So I did a build and when I reviewed my parts list it said that the SLR upper was 7 ounces and the lower was 8.6 ounces. That's 15.6 ounces total weight...a lot less than the 22 ounces I've seen posted.

I'll take a guess that MacDef had a hand in putting the SLR on Gunstruction so they would have provided the weights.....

....Can you confirm the weight?
    hi benwilliam

in the earlier post I measured our sample receiver at 850g with the Lower Parts Kit installed, so around 625g without the LPK. 625g is about 22oz

our sample is all built up right now, I'll ask MDI directly for the weight
    Last edited by True North Arms Corp; 07-11-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Last edited by benwilliam; 05-09-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    1 cannot successfully legislate an object 2 control an action / If u have a problem & u think someone else is going to fix it for u; u actually have 2 problems / If guns kill people then pens misspell words,spoons make u fat & cars make u drive drunk

Just curious, when is the "expected" time of delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Anyone building a 6.5 Grendel out of this set? Do you think it is worth investing in it for just target shooting up to 200m and maybe occasional hunting?
    I'm actually looking to build one in 6.5 Grendel. Would like to make it my go to deer rifle. The Hornaday ammo looks to be good to out 400 yards, which I wouldn't shoot that far anyways.

Mine will be a 6.5 as well. 18" Midwest handguard, 20" ballistic advantage fluted barrel.
    ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿

I’m building a 6.5 Grendel too, ballistic advantage 20” barrel and Odin works bcg

Any idea when more will be available ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    Any idea when more will be available ?
    They can’t even tell us when the first pre-order will be available, so I don’t imagine they will be able to tell you when more will be available. Get yourself on the wait list, because as time passes, more people dump their pre-order.

How would I get on this waitlist ?
    If it’s on here put me down for one.