Page 20 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Has anyone been able to verify if BCM KMR anti-rotation tabs will work with the upper? They seem to index near the optics rail unlike Geisselle or ALG rails.

CGN frequent flyer
    Any plans on selling with a upper with barrel installed?

6x45 barrels?....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    Any plans on selling with a upper with barrel installed?
    Scuttlebutt was that MAC-D is going to do complete rifles for around the $2500 mark.

The TNA stuff is pretty cool in that its easy to order everything needed to install a barrel and you can beg, borrow, or buy the reaction rod or magpul fixture (<100 bucks). Even without a torque wrench 30 ftlb-70ft lb gives you a pretty good margin for error if youre half intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbose View Post
    Has anyone been able to verify if BCM KMR anti-rotation tabs will work with the upper? They seem to index near the optics rail unlike Geisselle or ALG rails.
    It was stated on facebook, (slr rifle owners group) just recently, that Maccabee has modified the slr to have the normal ar upper profile we see on standard milspec uppers (at the front near the threads) so now ANY indexing handguard will work without worry.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan71 View Post
    Scuttlebutt was that MAC-D is going to do complete rifles for around the $2500 mark.

The TNA stuff is pretty cool in that its easy to order everything needed to install a barrel and you can beg, borrow, or buy the reaction rod or magpul fixture (<100 bucks). Even without a torque wrench 30 ftlb-70ft lb gives you a pretty good margin for error if youre half intelligent.
    I have built several lowers and I am pretty competent to make those. The problem with upper is the terminology such as head spacing and indexing. Plus I dont have a vice and nor do I ha e a space to install a vice in my basement. And I believe installing barrel is the most critical piece of making an AR style rifle. I would love to build this. I already have bcg, chnarge hamd and some extra LPK and trigger tech trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    I have built several lowers and I am pretty competent to make those. The problem with upper is the terminology such as head spacing and indexing. Plus I dont have a vice and nor do I ha e a space to install a vice in my basement. And I believe installing barrel is the most critical piece of making an AR style rifle. I would love to build this. I already have bcg, chnarge hamd and some extra LPK and trigger tech trigger.
    Maybe we should make a builders thread, where people in the same cities can get together and share tools etc

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    Maybe we should make a builders thread, where people in the same cities can get together and share tools etc
    I am all for this in Toronto area.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Not sure if this has been addressed, but whats the weight of the stripped receiver set??
    |CCFR|

I88
    Last edited by saltednutz; 01-28-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Um, er, ahhh, ummm, er, ahhh, um. -Justin Turdboy