Page 82 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6272747576777879808182838485868788899092102 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

What’s impressive is how the receivers fit together with no slop unlike a Mil-Spec AR. I will see weather over time it loosens up and becomes annoying like take down pin style black rifles.

Last edited by Sqr; 10-12-2018 at 08:23 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Any chances of getting more before dec 1st???
    I unfortunately don't have any news. We contact MDI once or more every week for updates and lately there's been nothing new shipped lately.

our latest update:
    We are so sorry it’s taken so long. We are working around the clock to get the rest of your order complete. We are expecting it to only take a couple more weeks but as always we will stay in touch. Things have been crazy with the tariffs and NAFTA. We really appreciate your loyalty for our product and we are working hard to keep y’all happy. Please understand it’s not a matter of choice that you don’t have your order. We’re doing everything we can.

on the positive side, about nine receivers will be ready in about a week, these are from our previous shipment we had to send back the Uppers to have a final machining operation completed. they are being anodized now and we'll be sending shipping notices to those lucky folks in 1-2 weeks
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Too bad
    Not sure if I want to bet a 1k receiver after dec 1st

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    I unfortunately don't have any news. We contact MDI once or more every week for updates and lately there's been nothing new shipped lately.

our latest update:
    We are so sorry it’s taken so long. We are working around the clock to get the rest of your order complete. We are expecting it to only take a couple more weeks but as always we will stay in touch. Things have been crazy with the tariffs and NAFTA. We really appreciate your loyalty for our product and we are working hard to keep y’all happy. Please understand it’s not a matter of choice that you don’t have your order. We’re doing everything we can.

on the positive side, about nine receivers will be ready in about a week, these are from our previous shipment we had to send back the Uppers to have a final machining operation completed. they are being anodized now and we'll be sending shipping notices to those lucky folks in 1-2 weeks
    Why should tariffs and nafta slow them down?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Are you talking about the regular take down?
    Upper and lower slide like a pistol and are fixed by a bolt
    Ah ok thanks, does the charging handle/ bolt assembly still slide out from the rear as well like a traditional AR? Honestly tho this thing is very cool I’ll add it to the list once their in stock again but for now I’ll assemble my stag 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Jest4phun View Post
    Ah ok thanks, does the charging handle/ bolt assembly still slide out from the rear as well like a traditional AR? Honestly tho this thing is very cool I’ll add it to the list once their in stock again but for now I’ll assemble my stag 10.
    Yes the charging handle slides rearword identical to a Mil Spec AR.

Last edited by Sqr; 10-12-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

Ok ya definitely tagged for interest. Asking guys who have bought one so far how much should one expect to spend for the receiver set along with a starter parts kit to finish, or with minor upgrades all in? I’m really going to need to set a budget aside for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jest4phun View Post
    Ok ya definitely tagged for interest. Asking guys who have bought one so far how much should one expect to spend for the receiver set along with a starter parts kit to finish, or with minor upgrades all in? I’m really going to need to set a budget aside for this.
    $2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Why should tariffs and nafta slow them down?
    It has to do with aluminum. Even though it’s probably coming from a Canadian source the price would’ve jumped quite quickly when the tariffs were imposed. Waiting for the free trade stuff would mean the price comes down again. Seeing as how he’s trying to make receivers he’s already sold he won’t be able to make up the difference in raw material. The problem is lots of you have been waiting months and it’s not fair that he halts production cause he won’t make as much per unit.