$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 206

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set, taking pre-order deposits [EXPIRED]

  1. #191
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Windsor
    Posts
    20
    Has anyone been able to verify if BCM KMR anti-rotation tabs will work with the upper? They seem to index near the optics rail unlike Geisselle or ALG rails.

  2. #192
    Big Mouth
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,207
    Any plans on selling with a upper with barrel installed?

  3. #193
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    42
    6x45 barrels?....

  4. #194
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    Any plans on selling with a upper with barrel installed?
    Scuttlebutt was that MAC-D is going to do complete rifles for around the $2500 mark.

    The TNA stuff is pretty cool in that its easy to order everything needed to install a barrel and you can beg, borrow, or buy the reaction rod or magpul fixture (<100 bucks). Even without a torque wrench 30 ftlb-70ft lb gives you a pretty good margin for error if youre half intelligent.

  5. #195
    CGN Regular $kull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbose View Post
    Has anyone been able to verify if BCM KMR anti-rotation tabs will work with the upper? They seem to index near the optics rail unlike Geisselle or ALG rails.
    It was stated on facebook, (slr rifle owners group) just recently, that Maccabee has modified the slr to have the normal ar upper profile we see on standard milspec uppers (at the front near the threads) so now ANY indexing handguard will work without worry.

  6. #196
    Big Mouth
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan71 View Post
    Scuttlebutt was that MAC-D is going to do complete rifles for around the $2500 mark.

    The TNA stuff is pretty cool in that its easy to order everything needed to install a barrel and you can beg, borrow, or buy the reaction rod or magpul fixture (<100 bucks). Even without a torque wrench 30 ftlb-70ft lb gives you a pretty good margin for error if youre half intelligent.
    I have built several lowers and I am pretty competent to make those. The problem with upper is the terminology such as head spacing and indexing. Plus I dont have a vice and nor do I ha e a space to install a vice in my basement. And I believe installing barrel is the most critical piece of making an AR style rifle. I would love to build this. I already have bcg, chnarge hamd and some extra LPK and trigger tech trigger.

  7. #197
    CGN Regular $kull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    I have built several lowers and I am pretty competent to make those. The problem with upper is the terminology such as head spacing and indexing. Plus I dont have a vice and nor do I ha e a space to install a vice in my basement. And I believe installing barrel is the most critical piece of making an AR style rifle. I would love to build this. I already have bcg, chnarge hamd and some extra LPK and trigger tech trigger.
    Maybe we should make a builders thread, where people in the same cities can get together and share tools etc

  8. #198
    Big Mouth
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    Maybe we should make a builders thread, where people in the same cities can get together and share tools etc
    I am all for this in Toronto area.

  9. #199
    GunNutz Patt08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East of the Rockies... West of the rest!
    Posts
    1,679
    Not sure if this has been addressed, but whats the weight of the stripped receiver set??
    CSSA|CCFR

  10. #200
    CGN Regular saltednutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    God's Country ᐋᕘᑕ
    Posts
    817
    I'm number 127.

    I have a few on order from various vendors.

    If someone wants my spot with TNA, I'm willing to give it up.

    TNA, if you're good with that, we can converse, I'll offer it first come, first serve to the first who PM's me, unless you want to do it differently. It is your store, and your forum. I'll defer to your rules.

    Out of respect for others, I'd appreciate if this would go to someone who missed out on the preorder, and wants to get in. I have no way to verify that, so I'll have to believe you if you tell me.

    I'll transfer the 100$ I paid to that person's order if TNA will allow that.

    ***HELD FOR WPROTZ***
    Last edited by saltednutz; 01-14-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

    Um, er, ahhh, ummm, er, ahhh, um. -Justin Turdboy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •