Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slide Milling for Red Dots

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendmentkindaguy View Post
    Where are you guys based out of, and what is the easiest way to contact you guys? Your site does not want to load any content.
    The site worked for me. Here is their contact info. (The work looks great BTW!)

Red Tower Armoury
    717 Finley Ave, Unit 6, Ajax Ontario, Canada, L1S 3T1
    Tel: (905) 427-1607
    sales@redtowerarmoury.com

KeltecFan, thank you.

Cheers

expired business
    Quote Originally Posted by KeltecFan View Post
    The site worked for me. Here is their contact info. (The work looks great BTW!)

Red Tower Armoury
    717 Finley Ave, Unit 6, Ajax Ontario, Canada, L1S 3T1
    Tel: (905) 427-1607
    sales@redtowerarmoury.com
    Thanks!

For the Trijicon RMR, do you preserve the rear dove tail? Has pricing changed from a straight up RDS cut without cerakote (ie 150)? What are your turn around times?

Thanks
    "What do you mean I can't buy a machine gun"

CGN frequent flyer
    Yes what is turn around time?
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

expired business
    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    For the Trijicon RMR, do you preserve the rear dove tail? Has pricing changed from a straight up RDS cut without cerakote (ie 150)? What are your turn around times?

Thanks
    Depending on what pistol and RDS, Some we can some we cant. Shoot me an email with details and I'll let you know what we can work out!

Turn around right now is around 2 weeks.

Shawn

Is it possible to just cerakote the part of the slide where the metal was exposed from milling? Just to seal the metal back up and protect from corrosion.

I want to get a glock 19X milled for an RMR but don't want to lose the original factory glock coating.

Even any type of coating / sealing would be fine with me since it would barely be seen underneath the RMR anyway.
    Last edited by kilo3niner; 08-22-2018 at 11:10 AM.

expired business
    It's possible not not ideal.

We would have to sand blast the surface to prep it and blasting a sharp edge without lifting the mask and hitting the factory coating isn't always as easy as it sounds! We can always re blue or black oxide the bare cut and not effect the factory finish tho. That may be a better option for you!

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by kilo3niner View Post
    Is it possible to just cerakote the part of the slide where the metal was exposed from milling? Just to seal the metal back up and protect from corrosion.

I want to get a glock 19X milled for an RMR but don't want to lose the original factory glock coating.

Even any type of coating / sealing would be fine with me since it would barely be seen underneath the RMR anyway.

I have the same plan with a 19x as Kilo
    Is the slide not stainless steel on the glock? If it is why would any coating be necessary under the milled surface? The RMR is wider than the top of a glock slide so i dont think you would even see any milled surface.

Red Tower, for an RMR cut on a Glock do you mill in the recoil lugs like in your picture or do you just mill the slide flat?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 41 bravo View Post
    I have the same plan with a 19x as Kilo
    Is the slide not stainless steel on the glock? If it is why would any coating be necessary under the milled surface? The RMR is wider than the top of a glock slide so i dont think you would even see any milled surface.

Red Tower, for an RMR cut on a Glock do you mill in the recoil lugs like in your picture or do you just mill the slide flat?
    RMR is wider, but the seal runs over the edge, so it's not perfect and water/moisture can get in. With the sealing plate the RMR battery component is good, but it's not necessarily airtight to the slide - same issue

I'd be curious to see how the bluing turns out - I was told it doesn't work by another custom gun/ modification company

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast