Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Troy SAR (Side Action Rifle) ???

I’d definitely be interested in a bolt-action-like AR. I like the idea behind the Troy PAR but I’m not a pump fan in rifles.

Super GunNutz
    Could I suggest that money could be made from conversion kits for PAR/SAR in pistol calibres? Bolt face + magwell block + barrel?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    It makes sense for Troy because there are people that would prefer this setup off a bench and the bench accuracy potential is there for the PAR-SAR.
    Pretty easy production modification and likely cheaper to produce and less weight. Looks like they are offering it in 14.5" and 16".
    Last edited by Can-down; 11-22-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Try shooting a PAR laying prone.

SAR is a niche gun, but very cool. Good on Troy for being innovative.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gallen270 View Post

Good point, Prone shooting is another advantage of the SAR.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin1095 View Post
    Would probably sell good in Australia or UK where semi-autos are banned. For here I see no advantage, compare to a su-16 or maybe a used xcr, considering it probably aint goint to be cheap.
    Semi Autos aren't banned in Australia you just need the license for them.
    Opinions are like Ar$eholes - everybody has one!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    NFA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy78 View Post
    Semi Autos aren't banned in Australia you just need the license for them.
    Licensing in Aus (According to this TIME article: http://time.com/4172274/what-its-lik...gun-control/):

"Category A is .22s, shotguns and air rifles. That’s the easiest license to obtain. No semiautomatics are allowed.

Category B is for center fire rifles. You have to provide a reason for why you need a more powerful gun. I shoot feral pigs and foxes; that’s a valid reason. Again, no semiautomatics.

Category C is available only to farmers; they can own a semiautomatic shotgun or .22 but the cartridges are limited to five shots for the shotgun and 10 shots for the .22.

Category D, for semiautomatic guns and rifles, is only for professional shooters: you have to have a registered business and prove that you are earning an income through shooting.

An H license is for handguns. If you want to buy a pistol in Australia you’ve got to be a member of a target pistol club. You’ve got to do a minimum of eight competition shoots per year to keep your license. If you don’t, you lose it.

Category G is for collectors. For that you’ve got to attend at least one meeting per year."

Seems that only farmers and professional shooters are allowed semis. I could be wrong, but thats the way this article portrays it.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Looks to have a spring under the handguard, so straight pull back and let go to chamber the next round?

I hope its a simple barrel swap to 10 inches and then do a fixed stock for OAL requirements. Nice short barrelled Bush gun.

I find it very cool that Troy is working around state restrictions with these interesting PAR and SAR rifles.
    But I am also terrified that this may become the future of AR style rifles here in Canada.
    I have mixed feelings about these obviously.
    Anxiousness is the axeman of accuracy.
    IPSC and 3gun.

Quote Originally Posted by gallen270 View Post

I have a PAR and yes it can be a pain especially prone or even off the bench. The SAR might actually be a bit more bench or prone friendly than the PAR.
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin