Cadex Falcon Light Explored

c-l

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I got my Falcon Light bipod last week and decided to show what you get for a MSRP of 549.95 $

Since I am not an expert, I decided to show you what the Falcon Lite was, rather than posting an online review filled with a bunch of unreliable opinions.

1 - Here goes, the top of the package with the part number label
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_1.jpg

2 – The bottom of the package also showing portion of the instructions sheet.
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_2.jpg

3 – Top view of the bipod
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_3.jpg

4 – Bottom view of the bipod – Note that it will only attach to a Picatinny rail.
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_4.jpg

5 – Front view close-up of the built in Picatinny rail adapter and the Quick Release Latch
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_5.jpg

6 – Rear view showing the “bipod movement” locking leaver
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_6.jpg

7 – View of the Leg “release” buttons, one for leg retraction (no need to use any button to extend the leg) and the other for angle
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_7.jpg

8 – Showing the rifle’s “Cant” adjustment
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_8.jpg

9 – Showing “Pan” adjustment
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_9.jpg

10 – One leg at maximum extension (compared to closed)
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_A.jpg

11 – Close-up of the unscrewed leg tip and locking mechanism
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_B.jpg

12 – Leg angled at 0° from the back
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_C.jpg

13 – Leg angled at 45° from the back
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_D.jpg

14 - Leg angled at 90° from the back
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_E.jpg

15 - Leg angled at 135° from the back
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_F.jpg

16 - Leg angled at 180° from the back
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_G.jpg

17 – Close-up of the built in sling stud
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_H.jpg

18 – Disassembled “swivel” assembly
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_I.jpg

19 – The complete bipod weighs in at 389 grams
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_K.jpg

20 – The retracted length
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_L.jpg

21 – The extended length
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_M.jpg

22 – The retracted width
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_N.jpg

23 – The extended width
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_O.jpg

Note that it appears that every part of this bipod is made of metal except the two plastic pieces used on the swivel assembly and the very tip of the bipod legs.
Cadex_Falcon_Lite_J.jpg

I should add a few comments about what I observed.
- When this bipod is installed on my Cadex Chassis, the bipod feels very solid, there is no play like what I experience on all my Harris bipods when I load them.
- The legs stay put when you load the gun or push the gun forward, they do not freely “turn” like the Atlas bipod does.
- The legs will only lock in the 0°, 45°, 90°, 135° and 180° as pictured above. No "in-between"
- The Leg tips appears to be made out of a somewhat hard plastic, not a pliable rubber.

Last edited:
I volunteer to provide a Peer review of your findings... Please send your bipod to me (PM me for address) and I will verify your findings.

I volunteer to provide a Peer review of your findings... Please send your bipod to me (PM me for address) and I will verify your findings.

Nice try... but let's say, if you where to show up at a certain range east of what you list as your location, you might get lucky and get to try it on your gun.

Nice try... but let's say, if you where to show up at a certain range east of what you list as your location, you might get lucky and get to try it on your gun.

EOSC, That can be arranged.... I will bring my Desert Tech... to try it of course.

Recieved mine today and I must say that this thing is worth the price jump. I was debating upgrading my original Atlas to the PSR, but decided to give the cadex a try...I have zero regrets with my purchase.
Bought it for $500 so about $30 more than the Atlas. Handling them side by side, the Cadex feels more refined and better thought out The Atlas does have a skinnier profile when not deployed, but thats about the only thing Id say it has over the Cadex.
If you’re lucky enough to snag one, do it without hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom