Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Are all pre-order t81 being shipped out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by skylancer View Post
    actually its hard to believe that a state running arsenal factory can make such mistake if bent receiver rumor is true. Could it because the way it is being shipped? I meant foam container being stripped away, rifle just get strapped to the cardborad box. We all know how careless and rough the courier company or CP handles the parcels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    They stated all rifles would be repaired or replaced. The only time a 20% restocking fee comes into effect is if you just want to return it for refund.
    Sure if you want to wait until 2025 to get the replacement.
    Let he who hath no sword sell his garment and buy one.

actually its hard to believe that a state running arsenal factory can make such mistake if bent receiver rumor is true. Could it because the way it is being shipped? I meant foam container being stripped away, rifle just get strapped to the cardborad box. We all know how careless and rough the courier company or CP handles the parcels.
    I highly doubt courier is to blame. Nobody has reported a bent or damaged box , just a few bent rifles.
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    I highly doubt courier is to blame. Nobody has reported a bent or damaged box , just a few bent rifles.
    you dont need to break the box to damage the rifle. Without proper cushion, a slam bang to the truck floor or warehouse concrete ground could cause slightly "bent" and shoots will go way off 100 yards away.

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    I will say that it can and does happen... which is why you should check out the box when you get it.

If its in perfect shape... then i dont think its the shipping.
    CCFR CSSA CPC

I haven’t gotten my shipping notice yet. I’ve been pretty patient, but this is getting long winded.
    I thought I read somewhere TI was going to work through the weekend to get all the orders out.
    I hope to get something this week, the wait it brutal. Glad to know there are other folks still waiting.

you dont need to break the box to damage the rifle. Without proper cushion, a slam bang to the truck floor or warehouse concrete ground could cause slightly "bent" and shoots will go way off 100 yards away.
    You wouldn't think a military rifle would be so fragile as to bend in a cardboard box but hey stranger things have happened.

I have bought many new rifles over time and only one ever came in a Styrofoam supported box, that was my CZ 512T.

Lots of junk comes out of China, quality control isn't a #1 concern over there. I'm betting there manufacturing machinery is getting wore out for the Type 81 rifles and the Chinese don't give a fuch, they will sell anything.
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    You wouldn't think a military rifle would be so fragile as to bend in a cardboard box but hey stranger things have happened.

I have bought many new rifles over time and only one ever came in a Styrofoam supported box, that was my CZ 512T.

Lots of junk comes out of China, quality control isn't a #1 concern over there. I'm betting there manufacturing machinery is getting wore out for the Type 81 rifles and the Chinese don't give a fuch, they will sell anything.

All my rifles purchased previously came with proper suspension though, either in pre-cut foam or thick cardboard frame to suspend the rifle and prevent it from direct contact to the outer wall of the packaging box.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Communist countries only care about functionality. Back in the day, a buddy had a Type 56-S folder. The folder wasn't totally in line with the receiver either. It functioned well and was as accurate as any other AK that we both shot. He kept it, and probably still has it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quality control is something you do not skip on made in china product.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

I'm still waiting too - solid stock and folder.