Phil's Issues

Well my wife would have lots to say about me but this is more about my being away from the shop. I currently am only in the store once or twice a week as I have had several health and major personal events in the last year that have resulted in me not taking an active daily role in our company. All of the issues are outside our business and I won't get into everything here but will address an obvious medical issue should anyone see me in the store. I currently have Bell's Palsy on the left side of my face which means my nerves and muscles don't connect on one side so I have an obvious drooping left eye and mouth making conversation difficult at times and because my eye lid won't close properly I have to either use eye drops and or a patch. I had this before on the right side of my face last Xmas but it went away in a week with medication (prednizone...a steroid) however I currently have had this for about seven weeks. Medication helped somewhat this last time but it only improved slightly. My doctor advised it could take a year to improve and there is a chance it will be permanent. With all the things I have experienced in the last 15 years (being shot, cancer, multiple surgeries for hernia, torn rotator cuff and so on) I really am just happy to be alive. I openly talk about my medical experiences to encourage discussion and if anyone wants to send me a PM I am still monitoring CGN. We are leaving for another distributor show in Toronto tomorrow and if anyone see's a guy with a funny smile...say high. Phil.
Phil, sorry to hear you have this ailment, I had it over 10 years ago, same side, it is related to chicken pox! You need a strong anti viral along with the prednozone, if you are not taking that, it will last a long time, careful with you eyes as they don't blink and can get dry, dust/dirt canget in and ruin you eyesight, fun eating isn't it! I seen 3 doctors with no real help and then I went to my Aviation DR. ( pilot) he looked it up in a medical book and prescribed me exactly what it said! I started seeing improvements in 3 days, about 5 % a day, no lasting effects! Please go to your or another Doctor and get the Anti viral, it will help!

Thanks to the positive posts and PM's. I am holding off on buying a new motorcycle as I am not yet sure how my left eye will react to the wind on my face but a couple hour trip on my sled worked out well with my full face helmet on. I will be at the Calgary gun show if anyone wants to drop by and talk (and buy something ha ha). Phil.

Back
Top Bottom