Phil's Issues

P of PDent

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Well my wife would have lots to say about me but this is more about my being away from the shop. I currently am only in the store once or twice a week as I have had several health and major personal events in the last year that have resulted in me not taking an active daily role in our company. All of the issues are outside our business and I won't get into everything here but will address an obvious medical issue should anyone see me in the store. I currently have Bell's Palsy on the left side of my face which means my nerves and muscles don't connect on one side so I have an obvious drooping left eye and mouth making conversation difficult at times and because my eye lid won't close properly I have to either use eye drops and or a patch. I had this before on the right side of my face last Xmas but it went away in a week with medication (prednizone...a steroid) however I currently have had this for about seven weeks. Medication helped somewhat this last time but it only improved slightly. My doctor advised it could take a year to improve and there is a chance it will be permanent. With all the things I have experienced in the last 15 years (being shot, cancer, multiple surgeries for hernia, torn rotator cuff and so on) I really am just happy to be alive. I openly talk about my medical experiences to encourage discussion and if anyone wants to send me a PM I am still monitoring CGN. We are leaving for another distributor show in Toronto tomorrow and if anyone see's a guy with a funny smile...say high. Phil.

Sorry to hear that Phil, I hope your condition improves. You seem to have a great attitude and that tends to help. Makes you stop and think about all the blessings in your life rather than most of us who whine about every little thing.

Goddamn, Phil. Hope this straightens up for you. You're a credit to our tribe and a good businessman. Get better soon.

I'll put in a word next time God and I chat, if you don't mind.

Cheers,

Dan

Keep on keepin on, sir! Glad to see you're in good spirits. Far too easy to get discouraged and let depression creep in when health issues flair up. Nice to see you've maintained a positive stance; if you're strong enough to do that, I'm sure you'll be on the mend in no time.

All the best with the show!

Wishing you you renewed health and a better 2018!
Always had great experiences in the store and happy to have a full service shop in my back yard, keep it up!

Hoping you kept some of that cheap 50bmg ammo for yourself that you brought in this past summer. Nothing restores a grin quicker than sending some heavy lead down range.

We appreciate the heads-up, Phil. That is courageous of you - it serves to remove a lot of the initial awkwardness that some people feel when facing evident physical disability. Forewarned being forearmed, so to speak. As you know, I too have come to know a thing or two about navigating life with a very obvious physical disability. You'very made everyone's life easier in dealing with your illness by being up front about it, so thanks for that. Best to dispell the inevitable rumours anyways...

All the very best, Phil. I hope that the new year brings you physical relief along with continued prosperity for your family!

Mark C

Man, that's the spirit!

You should bottle your attitude up and sell it. Especially this time of year, that kind of "go get 'em" is in high demand and short supply.

Put me down for a case! ... (free shipping?)

Had a run-in with Bell's Palsy a few years back. It very much sucked, but it passed with no harm done. Here's hoping the same is true for you.

Stay strong. Keep fighting.

I had bell's palsy awhile back, it's quite a conversation starter, with everyone asking me if I had a stroke.
I was quite happy to tell them I had not.
Take care sir, & enjoy the show.

I have dealt with some of my own medical issues over the past 5 or 6 years. I just try to keep positive each time life kicks me in the azz and it seems that you do the same. Hoping things get better for you real soon.

Sending BIG HUGS Phil, I hope things turn around ASAP.

Jay

There is no other message I could give. If you wern't going away to the show tomorrow I'd make sure to demand (politely and with much respect) that you be at the shop at closing tomorrow (28th) so I could pass that hug along from Jay and all the rest! You've been through so much and I know that you have been a testament to the kindness of of the human in humanity. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom