Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Phil's Issues

Phil's Issues

Well my wife would have lots to say about me but this is more about my being away from the shop. I currently am only in the store once or twice a week as I have had several health and major personal events in the last year that have resulted in me not taking an active daily role in our company. All of the issues are outside our business and I won't get into everything here but will address an obvious medical issue should anyone see me in the store. I currently have Bell's Palsy on the left side of my face which means my nerves and muscles don't connect on one side so I have an obvious drooping left eye and mouth making conversation difficult at times and because my eye lid won't close properly I have to either use eye drops and or a patch. I had this before on the right side of my face last Xmas but it went away in a week with medication (prednizone...a steroid) however I currently have had this for about seven weeks. Medication helped somewhat this last time but it only improved slightly. My doctor advised it could take a year to improve and there is a chance it will be permanent. With all the things I have experienced in the last 15 years (being shot, cancer, multiple surgeries for hernia, torn rotator cuff and so on) I really am just happy to be alive. I openly talk about my medical experiences to encourage discussion and if anyone wants to send me a PM I am still monitoring CGN. We are leaving for another distributor show in Toronto tomorrow and if anyone see's a guy with a funny smile...say high. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Get well Phil. I hope things turn around for you soon.

Super GunNutz
    Sorry to hear that Phil, I hope your condition improves. You seem to have a great attitude and that tends to help. Makes you stop and think about all the blessings in your life rather than most of us who whine about every little thing.

So sorry to hear this.
    I wish you a quick recovery and good luck at the show.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Sending BIG HUGS Phil, I hope things turn around ASAP.

Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Goddamn, Phil. Hope this straightens up for you. You're a credit to our tribe and a good businessman. Get better soon.

I'll put in a word next time God and I chat, if you don't mind.

Cheers,

Dan
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Keep on keepin on, sir! Glad to see you're in good spirits. Far too easy to get discouraged and let depression creep in when health issues flair up. Nice to see you've maintained a positive stance; if you're strong enough to do that, I'm sure you'll be on the mend in no time.

All the best with the show!
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

Wishing you you renewed health and a better 2018!
    Always had great experiences in the store and happy to have a full service shop in my back yard, keep it up!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Best of luck with your recovery Phil!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Hoping you kept some of that cheap 50bmg ammo for yourself that you brought in this past summer. Nothing restores a grin quicker than sending some heavy lead down range.
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast