Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought not sent

Exclamation Bought not sent

I have a question. I bought a used handgun from a guy with decent trader score +15. Paperwork approved on the 22nd of November. Once I texted him, he said he didn't get a notice and like an idiot I sent thing a copy of my new registration only to realize his would be different and under his own name.

I've asked him to destroy it, but now I'm considering calling the CFO and letting them know about it. Communication with him is minimal, barely replies and stated that he didn't get any paperwork yet and he can't get through to the CFO.

What to do? The pistol is in my name now. How long does someone have to mail you a gun once in your name

EDIT
    Other some time, got a message and tracking number. Not the fastest or most up to date info from this seller, but I guess it happens.

EDIT 2:

Hopefully my struggle will be a lesson to new buyers. Things I learned from this.

1) Trade score means less to me, person had a good score
    2) Set a date for shipping once YOU get your new registration
    3) Make it clear if shipping is not within reasonable time that you will leave a neutral or poor feedback
    Last edited by Euro; 12-08-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Have you phoned the seller? What kind of timeline are you looking at for everything & what was the agreed shipping timeline? Might be worth a call. If it's driving distance, you might consider meeting him to pick it up. I know I'd sure like to get my gun (at least shipped) asap, once the cfo has had their way with us. Maybe you can ask the cfo to mail out his paperwork? I dunno, sucks dude. Always worthwhile to call and actually talk and get everything straight before settling on a deal, comms are so important ...hope it all comes together for you soon.
    "If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, you can better serve your country by living somewhere else." -Stompin Tom Connors

Hard times create strong men; Strong men create good times; Good times create weak men; Weak men create hard times. Steady up...

Quote Originally Posted by Euro View Post
    I have a question. I bought a used handgun from a guy with decent trader score +15. Paperwork approved on the 22nd of November. Once I texted him, he said he didn't get a notice and like an idiot I sent thing a copy of my new registration only to realize his would be different and under his own name.

I've asked him to destroy it, but now I'm considering calling the CFO and letting them know about it. Communication with him is minimal, barely replies and stated that he didn't get any paperwork yet and he can't get through to the CFO.

What to do? The pistol is in my name now. How long does someone have to mail you a gun once in your name
    It is normal one side to get the notification for the completed transfer earlier.

What I have experienced already is to not receive a notification for completed transfer at all, was even originated by a business. 2 weeks later I received the registration certificate. So all kinda scenarios are possible.

But once you have it registered at your name, the seller has no reason to delay the shipping, if they miss their copy of the transfer, they can call CFO to confirm.

That is the worst, to have the gun registered already, but the shipping to be delayed by the seller (if for no reason) ...

CGN Regular
    Like others have suggested one quick phone call should help hash things out.
    Good luck and hope everything works out.
    Keep us posted on the out come

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    He can call to confirm the transfer was done, gee some sellers really don’t go out of their way for the aftersale. I am sure he cashed the emt fast though.

This is why you ask for email notification of the transfer,that way your not waiting on the stupid paper work in the mail or gave to keep calling to sit on hold for 20 minutes.
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    IMO the timelne is BS, plenty of time to get it sorted out. I usually get an approval sent via email, and thats good enough for me, buy or sell. Two weeks he oughta be trying harder.
    T
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sakoman .308's Avatar
    I have been pretty lucky on the EE over the years. It's nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by skoal View Post
    This is why you ask for email notification of the transfer,that way your not waiting on the stupid paper work in the mail or gave to keep calling to sit on hold for 20 minutes.
    I did that and got my email. Told him it was approved, he said he would call and see, I'm guessing he never did and still waited for his letter and finally sent it. Not sure why most people have to make it so difficult but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Euro View Post
    I did that and got my email. Told him it was approved, he said he would call and see, I'm guessing he never did and still waited for his letter and finally sent it. Not sure why most people have to make it so difficult but it happens.
    Unfortunatly it happens the best thing you can do is make note of it in his feedback
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast