Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought not sent

Hopefully, my struggle will be a lesson to new buyers. Things I learned from this.

1) Trade score means less to me, person had a good score
    2) Set a date for shipping once YOU get your new registration
    3) Make it clear if shipping is not within reasonable time that you will leave a neutral or poor feedback

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro View Post
    EDIT
    Other some time, got a message and tracking number. Not the fastest or most up to date info from this seller, but I guess it happens.

EDIT 2:

Hopefully my struggle will be a lesson to new buyers. Things I learned from this.

1) Trade score means less to me, person had a good score
    2) Set a date for shipping once YOU get your new registration
    3) Make it clear if shipping is not within reasonable time that you will leave a neutral or poor feedback
    Would you do this before or after you receive the firearm? the bold, oversize, underlined point number 3?
    Things happen in life, and sometimes things get lost in translation.
    Just because the person has 15 positive transactions doesnt mean much.
    It would be better to maybe read some of their posts in the general forum and determine if the participate to the forum as a whole or are just another dealer .
    The internet is a deep dark hole one can fall into.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Would you do this before or after you receive the firearm? the bold, oversize, underlined point number 3?
    Things happen in life, and sometimes things get lost in translation.
    Just because the person has 15 positive transactions doesnt mean much.
    It would be better to maybe read some of their posts in the general forum and determine if the participate to the forum as a whole or are just another dealer .
    The internet is a deep dark hole one can fall into.
    Rob
    It's not set in stone, but if you have the gun in your name and don't hear from the guy for a week, would you not be worried? If wouldn't hurt the seller to say, hey look "something happened" or "I'll be away for a while" not just stop texting and emailing after the I told him it was approved. Waited days with no answer, called the CFO and was told to call the nearest OPP station to his house and tell him he was still in possession of my firearm and as the CFO put it, "reasonable time has passed for he to ship it, and if he isn't replying to calls, text, or email it's in your best interest to call them".

I understand things happen in life, I have told someone your package is shipping tonight! Didn't ship it, family reasons, but I let the person know. "Hey something came up and I was not able to ship it, I'll get a new ATT for tomorrow". I don't leave people guessing for a week after the transfer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    As a comparison a pistol bought in Ontario to me in Ontario took 3 weeks to appr9ve transfer and 5 weeks to receive the certificate
    Sold a pistol to a member in Quebec and the transfer took 2 days with paperwork arriving in 5 days to me from Quebec...

Seriously if you live in Ontario things take time.

While doing the transfer request to CFC that a copy be e-mailed to you on approval. This helps for many reasons.

CGN Regular
    The details of the actual movement of the bought / sold item should have been hashed out when the deal was made. The suggestions in the EE stickies have been made by people who have lots of experience trading. If one chooses to follow a different route, so be it, but be aware transactions may not go as planned. Always have a pay by date, transfer within a certain time of approval, phone numbers, addresses and PAL #’s before money or goods change hands, it makes life much easier, for both parties.
    If there are concerns about a slow transfer, by all means contact the CFP people...they work for you.
    I hope the transaction is settled quickly and to your satisfaction.

If you got email notification and he is on paper snailmail notification that is likely THE issue.
    He is likely waiting for the paper copy of the transfer notification before shipping.

His poor comms are another matter...no excuse for that.

If he is a QC resident pity him...they are treated very poorly there by their CFO, Police and Govt as a firearms owner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12