Thread: You might want to specify the Remington SR primers you have on sale

You might want to specify the Remington SR primers you have on sale

Bought a case of 1000 pc Remington small rifle primers you had on sale last week, to test it out. It arrived with the rest of my order today.

After unboxing the package, I found in a very small print on one side of the box it says "Do not use 6 1/2 small rifle primers in high intensity rifle cartridges such as .17 rem, .222 rem and .223 rem, as damage can occur to firearm or persons".

Did a bit of googling, and it turns out Remington produces small rifle primers in 6 1/2 and 7 1/2, and using 6 1/2 in an load to feed AR is to be avoided.

Tenda, you might want to add a bit more information and specify that this is in fact the 6 1/2 primers that you are selling. Not to bash you or something, but had I known I can't use those to feed my AR, I wouldn't have ordered them. I have no idea what to do with them at the moment. Folks on the net say they are safe to use in a bolt gun, but I don't know.

Rest of the order came in quick and very nicely packed. Thank you for that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmoncan View Post
    "Do not use 6 1/2 small rifle primers in high intensity rifle cartridges such as .17 rem, .222 rem and .223 rem, as damage can occur to firearm or persons".

Did a bit of googling, and it turns out Remington produces small rifle primers in 6 1/2 and 7 1/2, and using 6 1/2 in an load to feed AR is to be avoided.

Folks on the net say they are safe to use in a bolt gun, but I don't know.
    I would go by what the manufacture says and not what some random Internet dudes tells you. Your rifle, your decision, your liability.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    I would go by what the manufacture says and not what some random Internet dudes tells you. Your rifle, your decision, your liability.
    Exactly why I'm not priming my 223's with these. At the same time, I wonder what's the point of Remington making this kind of small rifle primers that can't be used in 223's...

they have a review tab....
    you can leave a comment there.

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    They're meant for .22 Hornet and the like. The cup of the primer is slightly thinner than the 7 1/2 primers.

Thank you for pointing that out. I ordered 2 boxes last night and just called them to change it to CCI.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye80 View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out. I ordered 2 boxes last night and just called them to change it to CCI.
    Glad I could help. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNut View Post
    they have a review tab....
    you can leave a comment there.
    I tried but not working for me.

I'd be furious if I had put in an order for these. I typically order 5K at a time. This mistake would have been a disaster!