Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 69 g Sierra TMK,Varget,MV . Load data??

Last edited by 6MT; 02-22-2018 at 11:38 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Never crimped for the MV. And, there's no cannalure on an SMK. But the brass is nice and stiff (no annealing here). Read: pretty firm neck tension. And one firing and then I discard the case. There's always lots of range pick-up .223 around.
    Hey ,I can't seat the 69 TMK over the Varget.
    Getting to much compression,Ben at min load.

So how do you like the BLC?
    Have you tryed any other powder?

I haveCFE and Bench mark ,I'll try those.

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Varget will ‘crunch’ - even when it isn’t close to compression. Try using a long drop tube to help settle it down into the case before you seat a bullet.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Thanks for the input,
    I got a sub MOA group, using CFE

Just a quick update.

I loaded up the 69 TMK over Benchmark.
    It was impressive.

5 round groups at 100 yards have me .585,1.938,.780,1.014 MOA.

The cons group (1.938)would have been .750 except for the one flyer.

So far , I’ve gotten Sub MOA ,with multiple powder/ bullet combos.
    So many, that I’m not sure what to stick with... lol.

This thing is a frocking lazer... lol

To bad I couldn’t post some pics here.

Last edited by 6MT; 02-22-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Well it’s hard to deny, this thing is accurate and I would put it up against all the NR black rifles and feel confident in doing so.
    The fit and finish is perfect as well.
    I’m thinking the barrel might have a lot to do with it’s accuracy,as well.

What’s not to like.

Once I decide on a bullet/powder combo, I’m going to try for .5 .6 consistency.

Had good results with my bulk 223 handloads that I use for plinking around 1 moa with no feeding issues. The modern varminter is a good gun but I can't say the same for the modern hunter after my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Had good results with my bulk 223 handloads that I use for plinking around 1 moa with no feeding issues. The modern varminter is a good gun but I can't say the same for the modern hunter after my experience.
    Doc,I’ve had a few rifles that were hard to find a good load,and only two that were easy.
    This one and a custom bolt (6.5x47 lapua).

Not every gun is gonna be easy as this.
    Maybe you just got an off one

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Yep, tell me something that I don't already know. I was getting sub moa results ever since I began hand loading for my MV. Of course, the general lack of decorum and ego on cgn prevented me from posting my results. I won't post any results on here ever again (read: the initial MH reactions).

My MV was a laser with hand loads, just as yours appears to be. Now, if only people can get over themselves (and their egos), the rest of the world can actually see how good these rifles are. I'm not trying to start any fights here. Just repeating how difficult it has been for us first build recipients to show how good these rifles were/are.

I wish you all the luck and success with your new MV. I was seeing these type of results a long time ago. Unfortunately, too many people on cgn prevented me from sharing the results. I hope your luck will be better than mine was.... with your reports and the expected trolling.

Boy, have the tables turned.
    It's unfortunate that the ATRS forum is the only safe(ish) place to post results. My MH has been performing perfectly with my handloads and I'm hoping to tighten up the accuracy a little more before I settle on a load for it.
    Most people on this site don't really have a clue. They think that because the rifle is or should be capable of shooting 1 moa or better that they will see that every time they take it out. Very few realize how important quality ammo is and even fewer realize how difficult it is to shoot a semi auto that well consistently.
    Then they buy a rifle and don't see sub moa groups and they blame the rifle and go on and on about how it doesn't shoot well and then along come the sheeple who spread it like they've experienced it.
    I can consistently shoot a couple of my bolt action rifles half moa but I'm having a hard time shooting the MH sub 1 moa and I know it's not the rifles fault. I'm going to try some better projectiles and maybe one more powder before I settle on my load for it.
    Even at somewhere around 1 moa or a little more I was still able to hit a couple 1 pound tubs of tannerite at 300 yards so it's good enough for some fun out on the farm and plenty accurate enough to hunt with if that's what you want to do with it.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast