Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 69 g Sierra TMK,Varget,MV . Load data??

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Yep, tell me something that I don't already know. I was getting sub moa results ever since I began hand loading for my MV. Of course, the general lack of decorum and ego on cgn prevented me from posting my results. I won't post any results on here ever again (read: the initial MH reactions).

My MV was a laser with hand loads, just as yours appears to be. Now, if only people can get over themselves (and their egos), the rest of the world can actually see how good these rifles are. I'm not trying to start any fights here. Just repeating how difficult it has been for us first build recipients to show how good these rifles were/are.

I wish you all the luck and success with your new MV. I was seeing these type of results a long time ago. Unfortunately, too many people on cgn prevented me from sharing the results. I hope your luck will be better than mine was.... with your reports and the expected trolling.

Boy, have the tables turned.
    Your experiences pretty much mirror mine. I have had great results with both my MH and my MV, but after the trashing that you got along with a couple other guys for posting positive results I opted to also remain quiet. It is sad that CGN has become so infected with idiots, the forum had driven off many knowledgeable shooters due to this behaviour.

CR5 I agree it is very sad when there is only 1 safe forum area for us share info in. I also agree that many guys bought these rifles not understanding or heeding what the manufacturer stated. These guns are not your typical AR and need to be dealt with as such.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I have multiple sub MOA groups with this gun, using diff powder and bullits.
    I’m still testing though.

I’ve found that many guns that say sub MOA out of the box, usually mean 3 shots only.
    I’ve discarded many 5rnd groups because of a one out of the group.
    If I were to keep all my 3 and 4 rnd sub MOA groups, I’d be posting tons of pics.

As for the difficulty in shooting a semi opposed to a bolt, I find no difference. Unless I’m missing something?

I’ve had 4,5 thousand dollar custom bolts, that needed a load developmed for it.Very rare to find a gun that can shoot 5 rounds sub MOA ,with factory.
    My MV shot a .894 .593 5 rnd group with Factory 55 varmageddon.

If guys are thinking they can buy a upper/lower and build the same quality,sub MOA gun for 1/2 the cost,are dreaming..

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Thanks guys, but I'm loading for a Modern Varminter.
    Thought it was obvious when I posted in the ATRS forum,and added MV

Also,I only asked for Varget load data.

If you have a MV,you should know this,but.
    The mag col capacity is 2250.
    That was a snotty comment. You're being a dummy. Literally go to Hodgdon's website and click on "Reloading Data."
    Start at 10% lower than MAX load, and work up a load from there (make 10-20 rounds at 25.0, and then 205.1, and then 25.2, etc, etc).
    There's no shortcut. Put in the work.
    If you reload, you should know that all guns vary in spec slightly. My load is probably not going to work in your gun.

69gr SMK
    Start at 25gr, and then work up from there, observing cartridges for pressure signs.

Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by greg11 View Post
    That was a snotty comment. You're being a dummy. Literally go to Hodgdon's website and click on "Reloading Data."
    Start at 10% lower than MAX load, and work up a load from there (make 10-20 rounds at 25.0, and then 205.1, and then 25.2, etc, etc).
    There's no shortcut. Put in the work.
    If you reload, you should know that all guns vary in spec slightly. My load is probably not going to work in your gun.

69gr SMK
    Start at 25gr, and then work up from there, observing cartridges for pressure signs.

Easy.
    What’s snotty?Did you read from the beginning?
    I made at least 3 different posts, saying it was for a MV.
    Asking specifically for Varget loads. I wasn’t being rude or snotty, just getting irritated by the lack of comprehension.
    And only dummies use Hodgdons site for their data..

BANNED
    If it helps I use 24.1 Varget with that bullet in a 223 Savage heavy barrel Thumbhole

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    If it helps I use 24.1 Varget with that bullet in a 223 Savage heavy barrel Thumbhole
    Thanks Mr Fox but Ive gone way past testing the 69 bullit.
    The mags for my semi were the limiting factor,using Varget.

I’m liking the 55,53 g bullits ,for now as I find the heavier 69 bullits and stick Varget ,don’t make a good combo in the mag OAL.

I’ll probably revisit the 69g when I get some BCL powder.

I’m liking the 55,53 g bullits ,for now as I find the heavier 69 bullits and stick Varget ,don’t make a good combo in the mag OAL.

My semi's have all liked 60gr Noslers over CFE223.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    My semi's have all liked 60gr Noslers over CFE223.
    I’m working on some 55 Varmageddon right now.

I had two 5 rnd groups,.894,.583 using factory Varmageddon.
    I sure would like to know what powder , Nosler is using in them

So far Varget is not so good.
    I’m waiting on some BCL.

BANNED

No worries thought I would give you what has worked for me..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234