Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1st Kill With New Coyote Rifle

Super GunNutz
    Awesome Dog.
    Hoping to finally get out this year and test the Berger hand loads out on some coyotes, maybe get a few buck
    Good Job again

Nice looking Doggie, the ones around me are riddled with Mange. Cant beat a savage for a Coyote rifle either, my favorite Coyote rifle/Set up was a Savage 25 Thumb hole Vented Beaver tail laminate Jobbie with a 8-24x40AO BSA Compensating scope, Harris Bi-Pod and my own concoction of .223 reloads. You could part the arse hair of a mosquito @400yards Cold bore. Not a day goes by that I don't regret selling that rifle.
    Opinions are like Ar$eholes - everybody has one!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    NFA Member

Nice Yote wish there was opens fields like that here, I have to wait for the River to freeze up.I have a Sako varmint .223 had good luck with 60 gr Nosler ballistic tip over Benchmark.Good Luck.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Nice rifle, and nice coyote! My Savage 10 is an older "precision carbine" with a heavy 20" barrel, no fluting. I did own a Predator Max in .243 that I couldn't get to shoot nearly as well, turned-out to be a headspacing issue. Anyhow, always liked Savage 10s and the majority of my experience with them has been overwhelmingly positive. My .223 has rearranged more groundhogs than I could ever count, but has been coyote hunting a time or two as well. (no shot opportunities yet) My pet load in my 1:9" involves a 53gr. Hornady V-Max (thanks for that recommendation HTH!) but 55gr. V-Max shoots equally well. Believe it or not, I've even got the 35gr. NTX shooting better than 3/4 MOA...which is surprising for a fast twist barrel. Anyhow, I'd have no issues shooting a coyote with the 53gr. V-Max and if you'd like my load data, just PM me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hometownhero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    Nice rifle, and nice coyote! My Savage 10 is an older "precision carbine" with a heavy 20" barrel, no fluting. I did own a Predator Max in .243 that I couldn't get to shoot nearly as well, turned-out to be a headspacing issue. Anyhow, always liked Savage 10s and the majority of my experience with them has been overwhelmingly positive. My .223 has rearranged more groundhogs than I could ever count, but has been coyote hunting a time or two as well. (no shot opportunities yet) My pet load in my 1:9" involves a 53gr. Hornady V-Max (thanks for that recommendation HTH!) but 55gr. V-Max shoots equally well. Believe it or not, I've even got the 35gr. NTX shooting better than 3/4 MOA...which is surprising for a fast twist barrel. Anyhow, I'd have no issues shooting a coyote with the 53gr. V-Max and if you'd like my load data, just PM me.
    You’re welcome man. I’d still be shooting that if I still had a 223
    '14 Carbon Spyder 30 Blackout
    '14 Pro Edge Elite White
    '15 Podium X Elite Silver ice

Nice gun
    Last edited by JSONLOL; 02-18-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops
    [QUOTE=TheCoyoteHunter;14366647]
    Quote Originally Posted by remington jim View Post

CCI small rifle primers #400
    Hornady case
    25.5 grains of h335
    Approx 2900 fps
    I'm guessing velocity based on bullet drop at 350 yards.
    s RJ
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

I want to get into hunting coyote with a semi-automatic. Are there any semi-automatic rifles left out of the recent ban? I'm new to shooting and hunting, sorry if I'm being daft.

Very nice dog, thanks for sharing.

Shackleton, the 'Browning BAR' for a still legal semi-auto, there are others too.

Most coyotes will offer 1 shot, if you miss, the chance of getting them on the run is slim. When they realize they have been tricked, they leave in a hurry. Therefore, in my opinion anyway, I'd go for a accurate bolt gun over high fire rate.
    The person who would proof read Hitler's speeches was literally a grammar Nazi.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast