Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 1st Kill With New Coyote Rifle

The 55 grain I use is a very frangible bullet, it will come apart on impact. The 65 grain Sierra SBT is a .22 cal bullet developed for hunting larger game like whitetail deer. The jacket on the 65 gr. is also thicker so the bullet will expand but still stay together and achieve better penetration.

The 55 grain will explode on impact even when it hits something small like a gopher, if you hit the shoulder blade on a coyote, the entry hole will be the size of a grapefruit or bigger.
    The person who would proof read Hitler's speeches was literally a grammar Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Loosethoughts View Post
    You going to eat that dog?
    Sending it to China.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Makes me want to get out and try for some of my own!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosethoughts View Post
    You going to eat that dog?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCoyoteHunter View Post
    The 55 grain I use is a very frangible bullet, it will come apart on impact. The 65 grain Sierra SBT is a .22 cal bullet developed for hunting larger game like whitetail deer. The jacket on the 65 gr. is also thicker so the bullet will expand but still stay together and achieve better penetration.

The 55 grain will explode on impact even when it hits something small like a gopher, if you hit the shoulder blade on a coyote, the entry hole will be the size of a grapefruit or bigger.
    I'm looking forward to try the SIERRA 22 (.224) 63gr SMP Varminter on eastern coyotes. A little heavier for deeper penetration in the boiler room and frangible to eliminate the chase.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456