Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prohib Consign - Steyr AUG

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

Paying that much for a prohib so you can just touch it ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themarauder's Avatar
    This posting makes me sad. One of the rifles I've always wanted to own.
    "Obviously a registry makes it easier to prohibit firearms," said Wendy Cukier (Coalition for Gun Control) - Right from the horse's mouth.

Great gun, but the price is out of line. Only a small market of licensed buyers available in Canada.

You won't be able to export this rifle to the United States, or probably most owners of prohibited firearms would have done that by now. The US has import restrictions on foreign made "assault weapons" (which are determined by a points system). That is why new foreign designed military style rifles are now being either manufactured in the US, or have enough American made parts installed to get around the import restrictions.

BANNED
    You guys know it's a consignment right? I think the guy consigning it to PR chooses the price No?

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    You guys know it's a consignment right? I think the guy consigning it to PR chooses the price No?
    Correct. Customers' choice. There is another one for sale at a retailer in ON for somewhat less, not sure the condition on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RemingtonXCRCT View Post
    You won't be able to export this rifle to the United States, or probably most owners of prohibited firearms would have done that by now. The US has import restrictions on foreign made "assault weapons" (which are determined by a points system). That is why new foreign designed military style rifles are now being either manufactured in the US, or have enough American made parts installed to get around the import restrictions.
    Also correct. That's why we asked what country to export. The USA has a few strange rules including small light handguns even though you can buy them anywhere there!
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    Correct. Customers' choice. There is another one for sale at a retailer in ON for somewhat less, not sure the condition on it.

Also correct. That's why we asked what country to export. The USA has a few strange rules including small light handguns even though you can buy them anywhere there!
    Thought I would ask. I have always wondered if I could purchase prohibited firearms in Canada and export them to myself. They should be in good condition.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RemingtonXCRCT View Post
    I was looking into getting rid of a Soviet piece, and cannot do so d/t sanctions on Russia (for starters). A lot of us are rather smugly dismissed by gov't types who answer that we can sell to the US (like they don't have restrictions) or to a "museum" in Canada (as if they have $$ to throw around). Jerks....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    So you guys do import/export. Can a person without 12X buy it and have it exported?
    Why? You can get a AUG in the US.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast