Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Prohib Consign - Steyr AUG

CGN Regular
    One was in the ee last week 1200$obo

Theory of the day: People are selling their prohib AUGs because they have insider info about NR F90 getting approved.

(please don't take this seriously)

BANNED
    These are like $2000 new here with the optic... So after the currency exchange and the Canadian gouge tax, I would say $4400 is fair market value.

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    These are like $2000 new here with the optic... So after the currency exchange and the Canadian gouge tax, I would say $4400 is fair market value.
    Not when you take into account that there are only a few hundred or thousand people in the entire country that have the appropriate license to buy it. There is virtually no market for them here.

There's one that's been on the EE for over 2 months now, and unsold. Asking price is $1250.
    There's one that went in Ward's auction a couple of years ago. Sold for $700.

$4400 is simply miles away from fair market value for an AUG in Canada. That particular gun was likely bought for $1800 back when it was non-prohib. Like the vast majority of other prohibs, its current fair market value is about half of what its price was when new.
    Last edited by Calahan; 12-05-2017 at 09:08 PM. Reason: corrected my "it's" to "its"

BANNED

LOL. I wasn't sure if you maybe didn't understand the prohib issues and #'s up here or not, but... you got me!

Prohibs you dam near can't give them away.

Quote Originally Posted by RemingtonXCRCT View Post
    You won't be able to export this rifle to the United States, or probably most owners of prohibited firearms would have done that by now. The US has import restrictions on foreign made "assault weapons" (which are determined by a points system). That is why new foreign designed military style rifles are now being either manufactured in the US, or have enough American made parts installed to get around the import restrictions.
    922R Compliance

Reminds me of Die Hard...Yippy Ki Yay ...you know the rest....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345