Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The day has finally arrived!!! Rem 870 DM

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    They don't have norinco in the the states, if they did, Remington wouldn't have even push this out. A $399 CDN gun or a $699USD that works the same!? your pick.

I will gladly keep my Dom Arm grizzly, its a cheap gun that takes all Remington parts and I wouldn't care if a quad drives over it by accident in the field
    Roger that!!
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    The question is- will the 3 round magazine even attach to the firearm with a closed bolt? Sounds like it won't. If it won't attach, then it would be legal
    How does that make it legal? Whether or not the bolt is closed has nothing to do with how many rounds the mag holds. Is an AR mag that holds 6 rounds, but can't be locked in place with 6 legal? No, it's a prohibited device. Obviously that's not exactly the same, but it's the closest I can think of off the top of my head.

Again, I understand from a logical perspective that what you and gravel say makes sense, but laws are rarely written based on logic. The way I see it, if you're out hunting, and the CO asks to check your mag, as soon as he gets a 3rd round in it there could be consequences.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    looks like typical Remington cheap.they copied Norinco,,LOL..says a lot about how Remington is desperate for sales,not to mention it's pretty fugly,and that mag is bound to get caught on everything,now if they made them like their old Wingmasters,now that would be a great shotgun,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Unless they have a drum I don’t think I’d go for this.

Who is the guy making these decisions at Remington? I thought this was some ugly conversion kit someone came up with , They are really free falling into oblivion .

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    How does that make it legal? Whether or not the bolt is closed has nothing to do with how many rounds the mag holds. Is an AR mag that holds 6 rounds, but can't be locked in place with 6 legal? No, it's a prohibited device. Obviously that's not exactly the same, but it's the closest I can think of off the top of my head.

Again, I understand from a logical perspective that what you and gravel say makes sense, but laws are rarely written based on logic. The way I see it, if you're out hunting, and the CO asks to check your mag, as soon as he gets a 3rd round in it there could be consequences.
    You should consult with a C.O. If you're that concerned you can probably pin the mag for your personal piece of mind. No use trying to be the mag police for everyone else.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Woah... Game changer for the 3 gun guys wanting a reliable high capacity box fed pump?
    I don't think anyone serious about 3gun is using a mag fed pump...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    How does that make it legal? Whether or not the bolt is closed has nothing to do with how many rounds the mag holds.

If we assume that the magazine cannot be inserted into shotgun when the action is closed, it would comply with both these regulations.

(d) with a shotgun of any description capable of holding more than three shells unless the capacity of the gun has been reduced to three shells in the magazine and chamber combined, by means of the cutting off or the altering or plugging of the magazine with a one-piece metal, plastic or wood filler that cannot be removed unless the gun is disassembled; or

(h) with a pump, repeating or auto loading shotgun unless the magazine contains a plug that is incapable of removal except by disassembling the gun, and that makes the magazine incapable of holding more than 2 cartridges.

When the magazine is inserted you have a shotgun that will only hold 2 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. The magazine attached to the firearm is incapable of holding more than 2 rounds in it.

Magazine in your pocket is not part of your shotgun.

Is an AR mag that holds 6 rounds, but can't be locked in place with 6 legal? No, it's a prohibited device. Obviously that's not exactly the same, but it's the closest I can think of off the top of my head.
    Not even close to the same. Not relevent to this topic.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it as it's clear that the shotgun cannot hold more than 3 rounds, but you could always limit the mag more if it makes you feel more secure.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    This with a 14" barrel please
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I'm buying the base model to make just this. Cause they'll never be imported. Probably never.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast