Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The day has finally arrived!!! Rem 870 DM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Sorry I am not usually negative about new guns, but this thing looks like an answer to a question nobody asked. I guess I just don't get it. It has a full mag tube (yes I know for the pump) and then a magazine added, so I take my 870 and add substantial weight to it, then it holds as much as a mag tube would anyway. On top of that, it is ugly as sin and I wouldn't want this huge mag hanging out the bottom when out in the woods. Plus it appears to be made like something I would bolt on in my garage, I really question how reliable it really is. I am glad some of you appreciate it, I know it isn't something I will ever own.
    I like guns....

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBYU44 View Post
    Sorry I am not usually negative about new guns, but this thing looks like an answer to a question nobody asked. I guess I just don't get it. It has a full mag tube (yes I know for the pump) and then a magazine added, so I take my 870 and add substantial weight to it, then it holds as much as a mag tube would anyway. On top of that, it is ugly as sin and I wouldn't want this huge mag hanging out the bottom when out in the woods. Plus it appears to be made like something I would bolt on in my garage, I really question how reliable it really is. I am glad some of you appreciate it, I know it isn't something I will ever own.
    I completely agree,remington is so far behind on the 8 ball on this it's almost a joke. If this would have came out 6+ years ago it would have been a game changer. However with the grizzly having been out forever and now with all the ar type shotguns (semi auto and detached mag) I just don't see where this will fit in. People will talk about remington quality but let's face it any modern 870 sucks balls the best thing about them is that parts are plentiful and their easy to work on and for the most part their a cheap gun to give to hunting buddies to use.
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Only thing that this is good for is quick reloads.

Or should rephrase as it’s only advantage.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYBYU44 View Post
    In a country like Canada, where storing a shotgun with a loaded tube, would get you in a lot of trouble if used in a self defense situation, a viable, reliable mag fed shotgun makes a lot of sense. As it does for competitions, such a 3 gun.

As a field gun, it holds less appeal, for sure, but since there aren't any models with a 26" barrel threaded for chokes, i think Remington knows their target audience.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravel Agency View Post
    We all have been waiting for this for a long time, and that day has finally arrived.

The release of the Remington 870 DM (Detachable Magazine)

Some points:

- 2 yrs of testing - extremely reliable

- Mag well can be removed for cleaning

- Mags are steel with poly overmolding

- All 870 stocks are compatible

- Any 870 forends that don't overlap the receiver (magazine) are compatible

- 870 barrels are compatible

- New oversized action bar lock

- Mag is straight in and out but is friction fit and not designed as drop free

- Will not work as a conversion kit as it's a dedicated receiver.

- 3" Chambers

- Hunting model comes with a 3rnd and 6rnd magazine *The 3rnd mag will only load on an open bolt so it will not work trying 3+1 This works for our 3 shot hunting restrictions for waterfowl.

5 Types are being released:

81351 / 81350 870 DM Base (wood / synthetic)

81352 870 DM Magpul

81354 870 DM Predator

81360 870 DM Tactical

Here is some more information here
    Will this be available for semi autos at a later date?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Does it feed 3 inch shells nicely? I've heard nothing but issues with 3 inch shells in most mag fed shotguns

Expired Industry Member

BANNED
    Can you beat wolverines price of 599.99 plus shipping and tax on the REM-81351 ?

There's always the issue of how shells/hulls tend to deform over time if stored for awhile in loaded magazines. Looks are one thing, and this beast isn't pretty that's for sure, DA grizzlies look much more streamlined, but reliability of shells in long term storage in the mags will be a big concern.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Last edited by Gravel Agency; 12-06-2017 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Please take it to PM
    CCFR CSSA CPC

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast