Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The day has finally arrived!!! Rem 870 DM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm sorry but I agree. WHY? Some say it is faster to change mags .
    Is it faster to go empty and change mags than to top up your tube mag from a saddle as you go?
    I dont particpate in 3 gun but cant you get tubes that are 10 rounds,
    I guess I just dont get it

I guess if you had a really short shot gun the mag would be an advantage
    Last edited by Komodo; 12-06-2017 at 02:53 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
    I'm sorry but I agree. WHY? Some say it is faster to change mags .
    Is it faster to go empty and change mags than to top up your tube mag from a saddle as you go?
    I dont particpate in 3 gun but cant you get tubes that are 10 rounds,
    I guess I just dont get it

I guess if you had a really short shot gun the mag would be an advantage
    I agree, though I do see the use for home defense. Of course if you fumbling around in the dark with mags, might as well be fumbling around with shells. I don't really have a gun for home defense myself. The handgun sits on the shelf of my safe with a couple loaded mags, I guess I would grab that after I try to find the key to unlock the safe.
    I like guns....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    Looks interesting.
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

Remington is a bit to late this should have happened few years ago. I don't really like how they attached magwell, but I will choose it over most other ones that inflated market lately.
    CPC,CCFR,CSSA My freedom is not for sale

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYBYU44 View Post
    Sorry I am not usually negative about new guns, but this thing looks like an answer to a question nobody asked. I guess I just don't get it. It has a full mag tube (yes I know for the pump) and then a magazine added, so I take my 870 and add substantial weight to it, then it holds as much as a mag tube would anyway. On top of that, it is ugly as sin and I wouldn't want this huge mag hanging out the bottom when out in the woods. Plus it appears to be made like something I would bolt on in my garage, I really question how reliable it really is. I am glad some of you appreciate it, I know it isn't something I will ever own.
    I would rather ride a Vespa than own one of these magazine fed shotguns.
    And I am particularly fond of Remington 870 Wingmasters.
    But, to each there own I suppose eh?
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

The definition of "now" is a 12.5 Griz racked open in the camper with a mag there when the real Griz knocks on your trailer. That is the advantage of a mag fed shottie! Clack, rack, ready in 2 sec.
    Last edited by bjjzak; 12-07-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBYU44 View Post
    Sorry I am not usually negative about new guns, but this thing looks like an answer to a question nobody asked. I guess I just don't get it. It has a full mag tube (yes I know for the pump) and then a magazine added, so I take my 870 and add substantial weight to it, then it holds as much as a mag tube would anyway. On top of that, it is ugly as sin and I wouldn't want this huge mag hanging out the bottom when out in the woods. Plus it appears to be made like something I would bolt on in my garage, I really question how reliable it really is. I am glad some of you appreciate it, I know it isn't something I will ever own.
    Hit the nail on the head with this one. What’s the point of this exactly? All the shotguns you have pictured would hold more with full length tubes than the boxes, and as long as the tubes don’t go past the muzzle you keep the profile of the shotgun. With this box magazine you change the guns profile to something very awkward AND with less capacity. Guys looking to use this for hunting or bear medicine/bush wouldn’t you rather a shotgun with a full length tube because it’s shaped better and has less things protruding? Action shooting guys might like this but you lose the ability to move and top off at the same time, with this you’d have to change mags which might be a plus but I’ve always like the ability to top off the tube on the move. The mag release on it looks awkward to use as well, you can tell this is a pump converted to take mags as opposed to a shotgun being built from the ground up to be box fed. And as far as having the slide back on a mag fed shotgun there’s nothing stopping you from doing that with a tube gun.
    Last edited by Colossal Ursidae; 12-07-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Expired Industry Member
    Can you beat wolverines price of 599.99 plus shipping and tax on the REM-81351 ?
    Nope. We don't sell direct, we supply the dealers.

CGN Regular
    12.5 barrel would be nice

Expired Industry Member
    Shipping out to dealers now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast