Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Remington 870 DM Dlask Arms Shorty Version ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    New remi 870 with detachable mags .

CGN Regular
    Never mind. I just had to google "870 DM", instead of "mag monster". (Who knew there were so many monthly monster magazines in publication?)

CGN Regular
    Is it still a steel receiver or have they finally gone aluminum? Can it cycle min-mags? I'd be into an aluminum one in 8.5 or 10 inch. If dlask could do one up with a folding stock that deactivated the firing mechanism when folded that would avoid restricted status and would be wunderbar.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    12.5" or whatever the minimum with a AR collapsible stock would be to remain NR with Ghost Rings would be epic.

Basically as short as legally possible with the stock collapsed.
    Last edited by jparent; 12-06-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike112288 View Post
    10” and 14” would b sweet
    They already come with a 14 inch barrel on the one model

Only one of these questions is relevant - mini shotshell feeding from the magazine (although, since it doesn't increase capacity like a tube magazine, why bother?).

Aluminum receiver on an 870 - why? Buy a Mossberg or a Winchester.

Firing mechanism disabling stock? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    Is it still a steel receiver or have they finally gone aluminum? Can it cycle min-mags? I'd be into an aluminum one in 8.5 or 10 inch. If dlask could do one up with a folding stock that deactivated the firing mechanism when folded that would avoid restricted status and would be wunderbar.
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Since these just came out we have not had time to get one in and play with it. From the reviews online by knowledgeable folks who have though it seems pretty darned good. Because it is such a popular platform it will only be a matter of time before someone makes a nice drum for it as well. I just hope they don't do an 1100 semi-auto version so the RCMP can make us pin the mags to 5....grf.

The shortest possible we can currently make these is just over 27" total length by using a 12" butt stock. That means you would need to find an AR type stock adapter and collapsible stock that condenses to 12" minimum.

I have a few other ideas to modify these little beauties but time will tell if we are allowed to by the people in charge.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Since these just came out we have not had time to get one in and play with it. From the reviews online by knowledgeable folks who have though it seems pretty darned good. Because it is such a popular platform it will only be a matter of time before someone makes a nice drum for it as well. I just hope they don't do an 1100 semi-auto version so the RCMP can make us pin the mags to 5....grf.

The shortest possible we can currently make these is just over 27" total length by using a 12" butt stock. That means you would need to find an AR type stock adapter and collapsible stock that condenses to 12" minimum.

I have a few other ideas to modify these little beauties but time will tell if we are allowed to by the people in charge.
    Perhaps a stock that folds vertically down and covers the trigger guard and or fills the receiver when the pump is retracted rearward?

I have some on order now, should be here Jan./18 I'm told. It is a quick conversion process and we will have them listed here with pics asap.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

To confirm the math:
    - 12 inch for stock
    - 8.5 inch barrel
    - 6.5 inch for the 870 recever?
    = 27 overall?