Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Official BCL102 Dec 6th update!

If they were offered with pencil barrels and carbon fibre forends guys would gripe about not having a heavy contour... different strokes. If it bothers people that much they can modify it as they see fit. Me. I'm patiently waiting on my fde unit to ship. I maychange parts later but I plan to give it a proper break in and hashout before I judge too much
    “A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.” Teddy Roosevelt

Those who beat their swords into plowshares often plow for those who didn't

"To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant." Amos Bronson Alcott

I’m ready.
    Silverdale, BRRC

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    On another note, International Barrel and Maple Ridge will both be making barrels for the 102. Individual extensions will also be available for people who want to make custom barrels is strange calibers.
    now just make your receiver sets available so we can use these barrels w/o scrapping parts

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Canuck View Post
    If they were offered with pencil barrels and carbon fibre forends guys would gripe about not having a heavy contour... different strokes. If it bothers people that much they can modify it as they see fit. Me. I'm patiently waiting on my fde unit to ship. I maychange parts later but I plan to give it a proper break in and hashout before I judge too much
    I want to buy some of these takeoff parts. I'm happy with mine. More parts means it can live forever.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarr View Post
    Whos buying Calgary Shooting Centre's sweet ar10 integrated bipod forend thingy? Sry in advance if this is inappropriate
    I don't think they offer this handguard with the Armalite thread pitch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer werewolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Close to 9 pounds is pretty crazy. I get all of the other great things about this rifle, but 10+ pounds after adding a scope is really pushing the limits of acceptable.

Hopefully someone in the future will run with this premise and knock a couple pounds off.
    You mean like an Armalite AR 10 at 8# 10 oz? I'll weigh my Remington R25 7mm-08 later, but I'd bet that pig's heavier than the BCL.

2.5lbs can be trimmed off this rifle by replacing the steel handguard with aluminum and installing a pencil profile barrel. More weight with a low mass BCG, hydraulic buffer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    2.5lbs can be trimmed off this rifle by replacing the steel handguard with aluminum and installing a pencil profile barrel. More weight with a low mass BCG, hydraulic buffer, etc.
    I believe the handguard itself is already aluminum.
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

I would assume Canada Post and UPS should be delivering some guns to people tomorrow. We’ll be shipping some more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    I would assume Canada Post and UPS should be delivering some guns to people tomorrow. We’ll be shipping some more tomorrow.
    Did 10 more come in and go out today?
    Silverdale, BRRC