Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vaultek Safes have landed

Expried Business Member
    Yes... after the thief made it into your front door, past the locks and or dead bolt, past your security system, all the people in the dwelling, located the safe you have hidden, realized its a Vaultek safe, gets his or her laptop, downloads the software, they will begin to hack into the safe.

Once they realize it may take to long. They can pry it off whatever surface its attached to, jump in their hover craft and make their way to their evil lair on an island in the pacific at the base of a volcano to finish the job.

These days with everything being automated including locks, security systems, bank accounts and even you cars... Hacking is an unfortunate reality.
    Last edited by WanstallsOnline; 12-07-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Your point is well made and for the record I didn't post that link to slag on the safe or Wanstalls offering them. BlueTooth aside these look like solid offerings. I think consumers and the industry need to take companies to task about implementing proper "smart security" into products and this is a good example. If anything this pushes Vaultek to patch their software and improve their product.

Quote Originally Posted by duzr View Post
    Your point is well made and for the record I didn't post that link to slag on the safe or Wanstalls offering them. BlueTooth aside these look like solid offerings. I think consumers and the industry need to take companies to task about implementing proper "smart security" into products and this is a good example. If anything this pushes Vaultek to patch their software and improve their product.
    This is what I felt too. I'd feel comfortable using these products, but I also feel that we should be aware of the vulnerability of new technologies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12