Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mechtech Glock carbine,so ugly I want one

Mechtech Glock carbine,so ugly I want one

https://youtu.be/wfVPEQfmHEA

She’s ugly....but in a cool kinda way. What’s the chances of seeing wolverine stock these?
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Corrected

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    https://youtu.be/wfVPEQfmHEA

She’s ugly....but in a really ugly kinda way. What’s the chances of never seeing wolverine stock these?

Still want her lol! And considering it’s roughly the same cost as a Glock slide it’s pretty appealing (to me anyway)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    They work well. The bolt is hefty so it has an old world SMG feel rather than the lightweight carbines of today. They even run 10mm in blowback so go figure.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Although I'm in agreement with the MechTech carbine, I seriously doubt that it'd be a big seller here in Canada.
    Being nothing more than an 'upper' for a Glock pistol, or a 'variant', it'd still be restricted.
    Cool product - yes.
    Stupid rules - yes.
    ON the other hand, there are other pistol cartridge carbines out there that'll accept Glock magazines and are NON-restricted and IMHO equally as cool.
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Still want her lol! And considering it’s roughly the same cost as a Glock slide it’s pretty appealing (to me anyway)

I don't know where you're getting your pricing, however it's incorrect that they're the cost of a glock slide assembly.
    You're looking at a personal project retail costs, @ a bit more than $750-800 canadian and usps for the unit, adding a stock of choice, and accessories (tax), to get to canada.
    http://mechtechsys.com/glock-carbine-conversion/
    http://mechtechsys.com/m4-carbine-accessories/

My husband built me one, we both have some of these for glock and 1911's.
    They're a pretty decent carbine conversion upper kit.
    I've run deutsche 9x19mm NATO +p CBXX , punching through armor vest panels and plate out to @30m with 16" barrel.
    Though I had to have a buffer installed to soften the action.

They weigh a bit, mine is @ 2.458 kg with feed block, alone, without sights or optics, not mounted on a frame, nor mag and ammo.

Last edited by nord-ostsee; 12-07-2017 at 02:14 PM.

10mm carbine hmm
    "Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

Quote Originally Posted by MountedMadness View Post
    Although I'm in agreement with the MechTech carbine, I seriously doubt that it'd be a big seller here in Canada.
    Being nothing more than an 'upper' for a Glock pistol, or a 'variant', it'd still be restricted.
    Cool product - yes.
    Stupid rules - yes.
    ON the other hand, there are other pistol cartridge carbines out there that'll accept Glock magazines and are NON-restricted and IMHO equally as cool.
    I already have a PCC,plus the few that are in the pipeline as NR I’m also planning on getting at least one of,and restricted or not,for me at least,it makes no difference as I can pretty much only shoot at a range regardless unless I’m travelling hours away from home.

As for pricing,the going rate for just a Glock slide that I’ve seen in Canada seems to be 800+ And that’s not including a barrel,so really I’d consider this a much better value.

forgive me if i'm confused but uppers aren't firearms right? unless the government deems this to be a prohibited device it would be just like any other rifle upper and be unregulated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pygmalion2020 View Post
    forgive me if i'm confused but uppers aren't firearms right? unless the government deems this to be a prohibited device it would be just like any other rifle upper and be unregulated.
    You are correct. It does, however, matter what lower it attaches to when you want to shoot it. If the lower receiver is deemed a restricted firearm, this upper then becomes a range only toy.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast