Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: December 7th, 1941.

Thank you for the reminder of what happened on this day. Very humbling.
    Anxiousness is the axeman of accuracy.
    IPSC and 3gun.

Quote Originally Posted by abs0Lut View Post
    Then America went and did the most cowardly thing Ive ever heard of-and probably ever will- dropping nukes on innocent people in 2 cities.
    While I neither agree or disagree with your statement, I'll wager if you were living in the US at the time of the PH attack the response would not be considered 'cowardly'. They did what they thought was right, at the time, to end the war.
    Reduce...Reuse...Reload
    Member - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster View Post
    While I neither agree or disagree with your statement, I'll wager if you were living in the US at the time of the PH attack the response would not be considered 'cowardly'. They did what they thought was right, at the time, to end the war.
    Well technically, Truman refused surrender multiple times in order to "justify" using the bomb. Japan was finished - there was no need to drop that bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by greg11 View Post
    Well technically, Truman refused surrender multiple times in order to "justify" using the bomb. Japan was finished - there was no need to drop that bomb.
    I'm not too well versed on the Pacific Front, though from what I remember, the Japanese never offered unconditional surrender like the Allies wanted. Their peace offers entailed that Japan would remain an Empire state with the Emperor as the full ruler, along with the survival of the Japanese military, along with them retaining control over their holdings on parts of China, such as Manchuria.
    I will be gone with no reception or internet from this Friday (Aug 30) until Monday (Sept 2), If you message me on Friday or during the weekend, I will only be able to get back to you on late Monday or Tuesday.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strategicwin View Post
    I'm not too well versed on the Pacific Front, though from what I remember, the Japanese never offered unconditional surrender like the Allies wanted. Their peace offers entailed that Japan would remain an Empire state with the Emperor as the full ruler, along with the survival of the Japanese military, along with them retaining control over their holdings on parts of China, such as Manchuria.
    ^This

Combined with estimates that the invasion of the home islands would involve upwards of 1 million casualties and drag the war out past 1947 prompted the use of the bomb.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abs0Lut View Post
    Then America went and did the most cowardly thing Ive ever heard of-and probably ever will- dropping nukes on innocent people in 2 cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg11 View Post

Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Regular
    It was the attack on Pearl Harbor that brought us, America, into WWII. But few Americans know now that Canada, as part of the Commonwealth, was already at war with Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and Imperial Japan.

Hawaii was occupied by force by USA :D they had no choice, it was white american and european business that took over at the expense of the native population. As it happened in North America

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scarecrow's Avatar
    The US needed to be entangled into being the worlds police so the "world" could take control of its finances and resources, the war also helped bring the USA under British control. Now the US has taken Britain's role in the world. Could you imagine what the US would be like if it only used its own resources on itself?
    Order in council, for when politicians want to order people instead of being ordered by the people.

Should police follow the law or should law follow the police?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast