Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: December 7th, 1941.

One of my aunts was celebrating her second birthday on this day. Years ago she explained to me that she still remembers that day... not that she knew what had happened, but that the whole family was thrown off.. crying, uncertain, scared. She was so little, she just understood the emotion of the day, and remembers how such a happy occasion turned so somber. She didn't find out why until later.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    The US needed to be entangled into being the worlds police so the "world" could take control of its finances and resources, the war also helped bring the USA under British control. Now the US has taken Britain's role in the world. Could you imagine what the US would be like if it only used its own resources on itself?
    They would certainly not have millions depending on food stamps :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Some interesting history that I was not aware of.

Certainly wasn’t in the tour of Pearl that I was on.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by GLS_1956 View Post
    It was the attack on Pearl Harbor that brought us, America, into WWII. But few Americans know now that Canada, as part of the Commonwealth, was already at war with Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and Imperial Japan.

Pearl Harbor brought the American people into the war. Your government had been at war since 1939, using dirty economic tactics to get a response from what, at the time, were trade partners, to the get the American people to be in favor of a war they had absolutely no interest in.
    Not much different than what's going on now, manipulating the people I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by abs0Lut View Post
    Then America went and did the most cowardly thing Ive ever heard of-and probably ever will- dropping nukes on innocent people in 2 cities.
    read a little how the japanese bayoneted wounded soilders in hospitals and other atrocities unimaginable to civilian population when they invaded .With a foe with that type the nucular bomb was necessary and NOT COWARDLY

too bad history is being altered Japan was the agressor not the victim

CGN Regular
    I was taught to fight to win by any means necessary. One party starts it, the other party finished it. If it offends anyone's sense of political correctness - to bad. There are just some times that call for swift and blinding violence. Japan had over 1 million man standing army on the island - both civilian militia and military- ready to fight to the death

I will gladly transport whoever likes to the nearest military base or legion hall, Canadian or American, and let you look those men in the eye and call those men that served past and present(many of my relatives) - Cowards . I would gladly take part in the attitude adjustment that ensues.

Keep your snow flake attitudes wherever they belong and be thankful 18 and 19 year olds in the 1940's had the guts to get the job done for our future.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter148 View Post
    I was taught to fight to win by any means necessary. One party starts it, the other party finished it. If it offends anyone's sense of political correctness - to bad. There are just some times that call for swift and blinding violence. Japan had over 1 million man standing army on the island - both civilian militia and military- ready to fight to the death

I will gladly transport whoever likes to the nearest military base or legion hall, Canadian or American, and let you look those men in the eye and call those men that served past and present(many of my relatives) - Cowards . I would gladly take part in the attitude adjustment that ensues.

Keep your snow flake attitudes wherever they belong and be thankful 18 and 19 year olds in the 1940's had the guts to get the job done for our future.
    This ^^^ +1
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter148 View Post

(Sound of cat hissing)

Was not the warriors who were cowards. Was the government.

As always around here. Internet tough guys.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So much stupid, it hurts.

The historical revisionism on this thread is mind boggling. America BAD, Japan innocent. Cowardly America. Jewish conspiracies. JEZUZ! I would have thought at least gun owners would know better.

I am something of a Japanophile. I speak some Japanese and I am very familiar with the culture. It's an interesting place to visit, but you will never want to live there. Beneath a superficial veil of nuttiness, it's a rigid uptight honour bound sacrifice filled society. The Japanese of that time, and to a lesser extent now but still it's an issue, are a supremacist xenophobic culture that looks upon non-Japanese as inferior. They bayonetted civilians and children and wounded soldiers because they were inferior subhuman races in their eyes, whether asian or white. Japan had no intention of a real surrender, as noted above, and were preparing land based defense for the islands that would have cost hundreds of thousands of lives, American as well as Japanese. The bomb saved lives, and showed a lesson to the world that we have learned even to the present time, though I wonder about where we are now with rogue nations getting the bomb and having crazy enough leaders to threat to use them.

That's OK... the western world that you hate so much won't be around much longer. It's committing suicide, thanks to people like you, and soon no one will be left to fight for it, for the freedoms American and Canadian blood bought. You can look forward to a life like you would have had under Germany or under the Soviet Union, this time under China or an EU-like world government that will tell you how to live your life.

And for what it's worth, none of those controlling governments that will replace our relatively free and relatively civil society, bought with the blood of our soldiers, allow civilian gun ownership.
    Last edited by TJspeller; 12-08-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scarecrow's Avatar
    Our governments, both the USA and Canada have already fallen. The difference is that once upon a time the US was actually standing up for something. Canada meanwhile only has what it has by being the kid in class that always gives the teacher an apple and reminds them if they din't assign homework.

Our kids in college are learning communism constantly instead of anything real, and our working class is being driven to fascist mentality by being forced to pay for all the communist idea's.

This isn't the country my grandfather fought for, this is animal farm by George Orwell!
    Order in council, for when politicians want to order people instead of being ordered by the people.

Should police follow the law or should law follow the police?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast