Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range Rig / Hunting Rig Opinions wanted!

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    for real life hunting applications , deer, elk, moose, antelope, sheep, bear, caribou ect..... and real target shooting within a 1600 yard stretch?
    I'd be setting my rifle up in 7mm rem mag not 6.5mm
    Didn't really intended on "hunting" at massive distances, I have areas of choice that are all within that 100-300 meter max stretch. ( I'm spoiled ) The intent for hunting is always closer range for the areas I have, but have the capability of playing with distance, not so much hunting in it. As for the MDT chassis, fantastic systems, amazing quality and style, but not the style I am wanting to go with at this time. I would put those chassis more towards the "target" side of things than hunting. The Hunter has tickled my fancy as it is not quite a pistol grip, it's not crazy heavy, Poly hull so I can use and abuse with having to worry about dings, scratches, that kinda stuff. And overall slim profile ( ish ) as I will be using a Eberlestock Gunrunner pack for lugging it around during hunting/outings.

Also We do have a 7mm Rem Mag back at the homestead I can "borrow" if ever need be for those larger game. However my intent is general White tail, coyotes, and steel gongs.
    Last edited by Wolverine .303; 12-08-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12