Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Springfield M1A in 6.5 Creedmore NON RESTRICTED, thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by kennyclone View Post
    nothing like taking a extremely accurate round and throwing it in a platform known for accuracy issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude in G.P. View Post
    After playing with the M1A/M305 platform since 2000, i am not going to invest 2k+ on a 3moa platform with a cartridge capable of 1/2moa. Maybe when i get a Man Bun, i may be interested, or if they come up for sale cheap on the EE.
    Huh? The caliber is part of the platform.... I always thought the m1a was 7.62 or .308??? It's not known to be a super accurate round? It hits hard and the rifle is a military rifle meant for certain purposes and in which certain situations - would never be used unless there are no other options. It's meant to drop targets with one round in medium to medium-long range encounters with a relatively high-rate of semi-automatic fire. 7.62 is not designed to cut through wind.

So I guess maybe the 6.5 creedmore will maybe please scientific youtube gun critics and that could be their reason for chambering a version in 6.5
    Last edited by YummyYumYum; 07-11-2019 at 04:53 AM.

hmmmmm what do you know.... they admit to this right in their marketing whilest making a flash youtube video for scientific youtube gun critics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmjOQ3EOeho

They used to make them in 243 winchester might be a good idea

Seems they want some of that sweet 6.5 market share...

For the kind of money Springfield wants, I'll stick with the Stag, way easier to tune, lighter and more ergonomic.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by stone25 View Post
    Seems they want some of that sweet 6.5 market share...

For the kind of money Springfield wants, I'll stick with the Stag, way easier to tune, lighter and more ergonomic.
    yup I'm with you there.

that said, if I wanted a 6.5cm M1A I'd just find a barrel and slap in on a older norinco receiver LOL

Ya I agree irunguns had that stag at what 7-8 pounds while this m1a is like 11 pounds no optics or mounts yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    yup I'm with you there.

that said, if I wanted a 6.5cm M1A I'd just find a barrel and slap in on a older norinco receiver LOL
    Agreed. You could easily build an moa 6.5 m1a with the right components on a norinco... you could even cerakote it and put it in one of those fancy stocks for less $ than a stag 10...

Still... don't want one... lol

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Might be nice to advertise a price of the rifle so people know what the cost are

CGN Regular
    Maybe a stupid question, but is there a big difference between the 6.5 creedmore and 6.5 x 55 swe ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234