Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MV parts question and thanks

MV parts question and thanks

First of all, I would like to thank the folks at ATRS for the great customer service regarding my MV purchase. I purchased the factory version and plan on buying another upper or two for it in the near future. I understand that most of the parts are proprietary however, as a left handed shooter I am finding I could really use some ambi options. Are parts like the safety, mag release and bolt catch compatible with standard AR parts or if I found an ambi part I really liked could it be modified and installed by a gunsmith?

Thanks

CGN Regular
    They offer ambi safety and mag release on the Modern Varmint that you order as custom rifle. These parts would fit any MV lower I would think as the only differences in the custom ordered rifles and the "Factory" rifle is that these options were not offered and the furniture and barrel options were limited to save time.
    I would be very surprised if the parts you want installed are any different from what is offered in the custom built MVs.

Not sure but you may need to send the lower back to have the safety installed as the trigger group may need to be set up again after the safety is installed.
    Best wait for the ATRS guys to answer definitively.

Thanks for the reply no-one special. I understand they offer other ambi options, I suppose I should have specified, I am interested in installing specific products (eg. BAD or larger paddle and I prefer other safety designs other than milspec). Not sure a BAD would fit because of the charging handle, but I don't mind trying things out to see what works as long as I know those parts are AR compatible. And of course, I do not intend on touching the trigger group or any other internal, my only goal is to give myself some decent ambi options.

Bad lever will not fit. Phase 5 lever will not fit without being modified.

I know the Norgon ambi mag release fits, other night as well. Easy for the end user to change.

Ambi safeties will fit but have to be installed by ATRS, due to proprietary trigger.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Bad lever will not fit. Phase 5 lever will not fit without being modified.

I know the Norgon ambi mag release fits, other night as well. Easy for the end user to change.

Ambi safeties will fit but have to be installed by ATRS, due to proprietary trigger.
    That pretty much sums it up.
    We have ambi mag releases inbound that are similar to the Norgon, just less expensive.
    As mentioned due to the trigger needing to have the retainer loosened and mods required to the safety itself, changing it pretty much requires the lower to come home for service, which we are totally willing to help folks with.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Also picked up a MV factory here just wondering if anyone knows if the hand guard can be swapped out, I've heard they use a proprietary barrel extension but never seen anything about the barrel nut?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithOreos View Post
    Also picked up a MV factory here just wondering if anyone knows if the hand guard can be swapped out, I've heard they use a proprietary barrel extension but never seen anything about the barrel nut?
    The barrel nut is standard AR15, the barrel extension is not. Most hand-guards will fit without issue. Some have anti rotation tabs which may need to be modified.
    Use of a tension rod that locks into the barrel extension is HIGHLY recommended as our uppers do NOT work with the clam shell type upper blocks.
    Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 02-15-2018 at 12:59 PM.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Thanks for the quick reply

Can I order a spare barrel with extention and gas block Installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Battleworn View Post
    Can I order a spare barrel with extention and gas block Installed?
    Certainly you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast