CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 7.62x39 bolt- CNA or NEA?

  1. #1
    CGN Regular Cross94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Van Isle
    Posts
    201

    7.62x39 bolt- CNA or NEA?

    So I find myself in the process of assembling a 7.62x39 upper and I'm trying to decide upon a bolt. The product listings for the CNA and NEA bolt assemblies use the same pictures, so I was just wondering if there are any major differences between these two aside from the manufacturer?

  2. #2
    CGN Regular MJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross94 View Post
    So I find myself in the process of assembling a 7.62x39 upper and I'm trying to decide upon a bolt. The product listings for the CNA and NEA bolt assemblies use the same pictures, so I was just wondering if there are any major differences between these two aside from the manufacturer?
    If you mean the actual bolt,not the full bolt carrier,The NEA bolts are “emhanced”,the mugs are larger and won’t work with any barrels that don’t have the right barrel extension to match the larger lugs.

    I have no idea if the TNA 7.62 bolts are also”enhanced”.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

    Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

  3. #3
    Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    846
    yes I would recommend NEA bolt to match an NEA barrel, otherwise use the CNA
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

  4. #4
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    Posts
    115
    Not to take this sideways, but do you know if the NEA bolt (223)will work with the maple ridge barrels?

  5. #5
    CGN frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,245
    delete
    Last edited by SigWig; 12-10-2017 at 12:58 PM.

  6. #6
    CGN Regular Cross94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Van Isle
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    If you mean the actual bolt,not the full bolt carrier,The NEA bolts are “emhanced”,the mugs are larger and won’t work with any barrels that don’t have the right barrel extension to match the larger lugs.

    I have no idea if the TNA 7.62 bolts are also”enhanced”.
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    yes I would recommend NEA bolt to match an NEA barrel, otherwise use the CNA
    Cool, thanks for the responses! I suppose it makes sense that the added material of the "enhanced" NEA bolt requires a proprietary barrel extension, but seeing as they don't offer the barrel length I want I guess CNA is the way to go. Just out of curiosity do you know what kind of steel it's made out of? 9310 like the .223 bolt?

  7. #7
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pemberton BC
    Posts
    23,106
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    If you mean the actual bolt,not the full bolt carrier,The NEA bolts are “emhanced”,the mugs are larger and won’t work with any barrels that don’t have the right barrel extension to match the larger lugs.

    I have no idea if the TNA 7.62 bolts are also”enhanced”.
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    yes I would recommend NEA bolt to match an NEA barrel, otherwise use the CNA
    Considering what MJS mentioned about the NEA using larger lugs...Will the CNA bolt work with NEA rifles? You guys don't have any NEA bolts on your site currently.
    The .375 H&H was once the Queen of the mid bores, but now she’s a kicked in tavern wench....

  8. #8
    Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Considering what MJS mentioned about the NEA using larger lugs...Will the CNA bolt work with NEA rifles? You guys don't have any NEA bolts on your site currently.
    it's hard to say, indeed we tried to purge all NEA stuff.
    it would fit if the barrel was in spec.
    if you had no other options you could buy one and try it. we'll have go/nogo gauges for 7.62 soon
    sorry I can't be more helpful at this time
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

  9. #9
    CGN frequent flyer RedApe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Somewhere with apes
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    it's hard to say, indeed we tried to purge all NEA stuff.
    it would fit if the barrel was in spec.
    if you had no other options you could buy one and try it. we'll have go/nogo gauges for 7.62 soon
    sorry I can't be more helpful at this time
    old necro thread i know, i apologize now,

    i have a NEA 7.62 bolt. It won't fit in the TNA 7.62x39 barrel...makes me sad. Live and learn.

  10. #10
    Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
    old necro thread i know, i apologize now,

    i have a NEA 7.62 bolt. It won't fit in the TNA 7.62x39 barrel...makes me sad. Live and learn.
    bummer

    we do have some 7.62x39 chamber gauges for anybody who's still holding and wants to check their NEA bolt/barrel.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •