Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson 715 357 Mag Revolver 6"

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Not taking US MSRP, converting to CAD and then adding that special $500+ "because you're buying it in Canada" fee.
    Exactly this. Thanks Prophet River
    Last edited by gdawg; 12-11-2017 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Name correction

Quote Originally Posted by gdawg View Post
    Exactly this. Thanks Profit River
    MSRP plus US conversion is gouging?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    It'll be nice to see some range reports on these, though I don't think I'd be a buyer at any price - I don't like heavy full-lugged barrels at all.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    MSRP plus US conversion is gouging?
    No.....how did you get that idea? The point is that it is not gouging.....unlike some other importers in Canada that US prices plus conversion plus a bunch
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    No.....how did you get that idea? The point is that it is not gouging.....unlike some other importers in Canada that US prices plus conversion plus a bunch
    Such as how PR somehow manages to bring in and sell Colt pistols for under the nearly 2k that a major importer lists government model MSRP - lol
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I do have a Model 15 with 6" barrel. For what it worth $2k to me is too much, unless it comes with at least one additional barrel set; only than $2k is justified...! I would love to have a set of this gun with 4.25", 6" and 8" barrels...

I think PR prices are fair in everything they sell. They can only control prices on their end, not the CAD.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    $1999 is not at all unreasonable for this gun. A well known CGN sponsor that exclusively sells firearms imported from their US store sells this gun for $1438 USD on their American site. Given current exchange rates (actual bank rates not mid-marker rates), that is within $100 of Prophet River's price. Once you factored in shipping from the US, the difference in price is next to nothing.

I think Prophet River is doing a great service to the Canadian shooting community by dealing with their US distributors to get some unique products up here at reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    $1999 is not at all unreasonable for this gun. A well known CGN sponsor that exclusively sells firearms imported from their US store sells this gun for $1438 USD on their American site. Given current exchange rates (actual bank rates not mid-marker rates), that is within $100 of Prophet River's price. Once you factored in shipping from the US, the difference in price is next to nothing.

I think Prophet River is doing a great service to the Canadian shooting community by dealing with their US distributors to get some unique products up here at reasonable prices.
    I agree with you on PR's position... My criticism is towards the manufacturer and their pricing policy...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    I agree with you on PR's position... My criticism is towards the manufacturer and their pricing policy...
    Well, Keep in mind that Dan Wesson is not a large manufacturer like S&W, Colt or even DW's parent company, CZ USA. DW is a relatively small shop that builds a limited number of high quality firearms each year - They are definitely not a mass producer and don't have the economies of scale that the large manufactures have. Their pricing is typically well above mass marker manufacturers but less then full-on custom shops.

I won't try to hide it, I am definitely a DW fan and consider most of their guns to sit in that sweet spot between high end/custom and mass market; priced just before the law of diminishing returns takes you to a point where you only get tiny improvements for a lot more money. Pricey but you get your money's worth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast