While doing up our booking orders for 2018, came across this:

https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/r...erevolution#!/
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Great news! Please let us know when the 307 Win Leverevolution is on your web site.

Call me crazy but that ammo has been out for many years now...

Quote Originally Posted by vpsalin View Post
    Call me crazy but that ammo has been out for many years now...
    Hey vpsalin: Leverevolution in this calibre (.307 Win) is brand new. It was first flagged in this CGN Forum on Nov. 1/2017 at when it appeared on the Hornady web site: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...leverevolution

I search for .307 Win. ammo all the time and it is difficult to get in Canada. To my knowledge it is only produced by Winchester every 5 years and few suppliers here seem to stock it, or get enough to last 5 years. The only other manufacturer I have seen is Jamison Brass & Ammunition (Captech International) in South Dakota, and I have never seen that brand available here. I am not sure why. Often on the CGN Forums you will see shooters looking for ammo, or selling old stuff and it goes fast if the price is right.

As a Win 307 Big Bore 94 lover who doesn't reload (yet) I am very excited and keen to get some of this new ammo! And the BEST part I see on all the US supplier sites, many who list this new Hornady Leverevolution .307 ammo now, is that it is LESS EXPENSIVE THAN THE WINCHESTER BRAND!!! I sure hope we see the same thing in Canada when our suppliers start listing it. Someone needs to corner the market on .307 Win ammo up here at a fair price!

My only concern with these Hornady pointy bullets is the tubular magazine feed issues experienced by other calibre tube mag users. Marlin changed their 30-30 (etc) magazine follower part to accommodate the Leverevolution years ago. They had to make it concave with a dimple to prevent the first cartridge from canting/jamming. Replacement magazine followers are readily available for Marlins. I believe Winchester mag followers are rounded and will likely produce the same jamming in some guns, but I have not seen replacements that are concave/flat/dimpled to alleviate this issue. Does anyone know if a Marlin Mag Follower will fit a Winchester Model 94 tubular mag or if a suitable Winchester 94 mag follower is available to handle pointy bullets?

And as soon as someone sees the Hornady .307 WIN Leverevolution ammo available in Canada PLEASE let us all know!
    Last edited by tinmandan; 12-17-2017 at 01:16 PM.