CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA Freedom 15 10.5 Mlok, Magpul sights and furniture. 565.00 USD in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by tylerwitz View Post
    I was a little annoyed when i got my credit card statement from the one i bought in November. I was under the impression that after it was all said and done in the checkout it was under 700 with taxes, exchange, import and shipping. Then i got my statement. One charge for 720. A second for 80, so 800 total. Still a good price for the gun. But unexpected and incredibly annoying. It was my first buy from IRG and it is probably in the fine print somewhere, i guess, i dont know if i'd bother again
    $565 usd to cad is $700 today based on the exchange rate. exchange rate was likely higher in Nov for your purchase.
    GST and Shipping costs add up to about another $80CAD
    No fine print thats just what it adds up to once you do the math. no surprises here.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerwitz View Post
    I was a little annoyed when i got my credit card statement from the one i bought in November. I was under the impression that after it was all said and done in the checkout it was under 700 with taxes, exchange, import and shipping. Then i got my statement. One charge for 720. A second for 80, so 800 total. Still a good price for the gun. But unexpected and incredibly annoying. It was my first buy from IRG and it is probably in the fine print somewhere, i guess, i dont know if i'd bother again
    There was 2 separate charges at checkout. One in usd for the gun. Plus one for shipping at tax from the province. No fine print

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    I expect it shoots just like every other carbine length system, I am curious about the flash can as its supposed to throw everything forward instead of deafening everybody around you and also help with the fireball that occurs with a short 10 inch barrel which is often distracting for the shooter.
    Range report:

Put a hundred rounds through my customised PSA Freedom 15 10.5 inch rifle, as many of the parts have been changed (see previous post HERE) I will just comment on what remained from the original rifle.

Of note...

Very soft shooter, impressed with how effective the flashcan works to throw everything forward, surprisingly this actually helps to push the recoil straight back and diminish muzzle flip as observed in slow-motion video, the camera man beside me was not deafened by the blast of the short rifle and no noticeable muzzle flash can be seen from the shooters perspective, contrast this with the distracting fireball from other 10.5 inch barrels and you have a real winner (unless massive fireballs is your thing in which case get something else)

Installation of a heavy buffer is not necessary on this rifle, shoots great as is with the standard buffer, will need more rounds down the pipe to comment on reliability but no feeding/extraction issues observed so far.

One major thing I was very disappointed with was after firing 30 rounds from bags on the bench was the handguard came loose and backed off to the point of nearly completely falling off the rifle, so glad I noticed this otherwise it could have been disastrous.

MAKE SURE YOU TIGHTEN THE HELL OUT OF THE HANDGUARD SCREWS, I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND RED OR BLUE LOCTITE APPLIED TO THESE SCREWS TO PREVENT THEM FROM BACKING OUT

Photo Below:

Verba volant, scripta manent!

CGN frequent flyer
    ANyway just to get the upper only without BCG charging handle etc?

Thats awesome, have a link to the video? what ammo where you using?

CGN Regular
    The handguard came loose on mine too, also after 30-40 rounds. Tightened it on the spot, so far so good.
    I discovered that MFT LAR15 mags do not work well below -10C: double feeds almost every friggin time. The Okay Surefeed USGI mags worked okay though.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyglanzer View Post
    Thats awesome, have a link to the video? what ammo where you using?
    I always use premium hand loaded ammunition, in this case 55gr CAMPRO Projectile seated at 2.223 COAL, 21 grains H335 with CCI Magnum Small Rifle Primer

All mags tested worked flawlessly including the new 10 round pistol carbine HEXMAGs from Bartons Big Country as seen in the video, also Magpul 5/30 Gen 2/3, Magpul 5/40 Gen 3 and AA Beowulf magazines.

Verba volant, scripta manent!

Looks good.
    I am just waiting on the mail man

Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    Looks good.
    I am just waiting on the mail man
    Same.

That rifle looks damn sweet @LeadMonkey. Thanks for the headsup re screws.

Pretty happy with it so far. Fit and finish is pretty good, I wouldn't compare it to a 3k rifle like a POF but it's better than a lot of others.
    I didn't even pull the trigger once so I cannot comment on that, I immediately stripped and cleaned it to change out a few things with my son.
    Added a Velocity 3 lb flat trigger, Ergo grip, Raptor charging handle, Magpul extended magazine release,, sling attachment, Sparc 2, 1200 lumen Olight PL2, front grip stop, some rubber rail covers and a spare 2032 battery under some tape.
    Looking forward to some range time with my son's when it warms up.
    chose to leave my cleaning mat under it after reading a thread on peoples odd backgrounds for gun pics. Apparently my wife's grandmother made it.....

Name:  20180110_211038.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  83.8 KB