Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR Clinic 24-25 March 2018 Debrief Here!!

CGN frequent flyer
    Just saying, but when I shot on a snow laden field I used a plywood sheet as a shooting base. I drilled a hole in one end, attached a rope, and dragged it to the various distances I wanted to practice. To me, it was easier than shovelling. Typically you have 4 shooters per target...share the load (plywood), eh?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Perkins View Post
    Just saying, but when I shot on a snow laden field I used a plywood sheet as a shooting base. I drilled a hole in one end, attached a rope, and dragged it to the various distances I wanted to practice. To me, it was easier than shovelling. Typically you have 4 shooters per target...share the load (plywood), eh?
    Oh no.... don’t tell them that enlightened trick! I want them to haul all their schtuff including STEEL ammo cans around the snow laden shooting mounds!

Okay, seriously

I am expecting you shooters to pare down you gear to one rucksack with your ammo inside (steel ammo cans are what I HAD to carry my MG ammo in the PPCLI just for SUCK factor)

Then have your rifle and / or a rifle mat / shooting case in one hand..... and balance yourself off with your spotting scope / stand / tripod in the other..... then get hauling.

I will be making you haul all your gear and rifle from the parking lot / range hut to the 100m firing mound and that’s about 500m.....yeah we just don’t have the parking spaces downrange. Now you could flash your blue disabled sticker on your vehicle visor and I can / will make an allowance. May I remind you this is Service Conditions shooting and when you come and shoot NSCC....it’s almost a kilometre hike from the parking lot so get ready!

And with the roads / ditches being snow covered I want to ensure more trigger time and less emphasis on vehicle recovery efforts so you have been warned!!

Yes your snacks and fluids should be inside your shooting ruck. You could always steal yer kids’ toboggan..... just saying.....

Questions? Yes there is a truck load of firewood at the range hut. You can / will dry off in minutes once ChalkRiver2 demonstrates his PPCLI pyrotechnics tendencies... hey we are Regimental brothers and that’s part of the reason we have had this great program for ....since 2012...

Cheers, Barney

Can I just trailer and use my snowmobile to go up and down the range. I can pat down a path pretty quickly for everyone.

Right on for the coffee equipment and supplies gents. I'll have some instant coffee packets and an electric kettle as a backup. + I might be able to scrounge up a case of creamers.
    Bring your thermoses, nice hot drink to keep you warm in the butts.

Anyone looking for ammo Perkins Guns and Ammo in Pembroke had lots as of last week. Also want to confirm EMT was received thx.

yes please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IPPA162 View Post
    Can I just trailer and use my snowmobile to go up and down the range. I can pat down a path pretty quickly for everyone.
    Barney/Morgan...
    this would be brilliant. Please say yes! This gal barely made those mad dashes last year in the grass!

Sure ...and when Range Control looses their shizzle about this and calls the MP,s it will end badly for IPPA162 and the club.

Quote Originally Posted by ChantalL View Post
    Barney/Morgan...
    this would be brilliant. Please say yes! This gal barely made those mad dashes last year in the grass!
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    Sure ...and when Range Control looses their shizzle about this and calls the MP,s it will end badly for IPPA162 and the club.
    Ohhhhhh.... sorry. My bad. I didn't realize a skidoo would be shizzle-inducing.

Business Member
    I wanna go here to this range where it’s warm and sunny!! Hahahaha

Name:  5EFC5DBF-E526-4E05-8DA1-8A3751A9B796.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  130.8 KB

And here....

Name:  C3E27586-95FD-468A-88FC-220194D63707.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  148.1 KB

Just joking....it’s all my happy place....mind you , anywhere I can get a steak is my happy place!!

Cheers, Barney

CGN frequent flyer
    With the snow on the ground and sunshine forecast, sunglasses will definitely be in order. I can see my eyeballs being fried by the time this is over from the snow glare. Expect sunburned faces too.