Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR Clinic 24-25 March 2018 Debrief Here!!

The car park is right at the end of the range behind the 600 meter shooting mound. Bring about ~100 rounds when shooting, if you run out you should have time to run over and get more.

When doing the hybrid clinic walk back you could be shooting about 10 rounds or less at each of the 6 shooting positions 100 to 600 meters. This clinic will be different so might be spending more time and more shooting at each stage.

Business Member
    Round count.... all depends on many variables:

* how trigger happy you turn out to be
    * how fast our relays can turn over
    * how keen the group can be
    * how many deer or bears wander across our range and we have to check fire.....

Honestly , bring about 100 rounds per day. It’s too difficult to suggest a round count. But in the past at my CQB matches, all the experts have learned to double the round count.

In the past we can often train your butts markers to run that target frame quickly and quite often we can get 20 well placed and learned rounds off at 600m mound inside ten minutes. We CAN do this but that all depends on how fast everyone gets rolling. All depends on the “synergy” of all involved in your target lane....

That’s one of those win$win situations I have witnessed as a Match Director....OTOH, I’ve also witnessed situations when the shooters showed up with hardware (scope and /or rifle or TWO rifles) and all the shooting and bullet placement and target indication/feedback took a FZCK of a long time and now everyone on THAT target lane is fed up....

Well this course is THE place to make mistakes and learn but when shooters show up with hardware I warned you (about not being so successful) in my first post, it certainly serves to add to my stack of anecdotal funny stories I can tell to rookies. Humourous situations make us all learn better.

So you will be surprised how fast I can get things rolling but, BIG BUT, people gotta get in the game....and then we can motor faster, get more rounds downrange and boost the learning curve. What’s not to like?

Best fun you can have with your clothes on costing $80......

My RAV4 is all packed including free swag....

Cheers, Barney

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Round count.... all depends on many variables:

* how trigger happy you turn out to be
    * how fast our relays can turn over
    * how keen the group can be
    * how many deer or bears wander across our range and we have to check fire.....

Honestly , bring about 100 rounds per day. It’s too difficult to suggest a round count. But in the past at my CQB matches, all the experts have learned to double the round count.

In the past we can often train your butts markers to run that target frame quickly and quite often we can get 20 well placed and learned rounds off at 600m mound inside ten minutes. We CAN do this but that all depends on how fast everyone gets rolling. All depends on the “synergy” of all involved in your target lane....

That’s one of those win$win situations I have witnessed as a Match Director....OTOH, I’ve also witnessed situations when the shooters showed up with hardware (scope and /or rifle or TWO rifles) and all the shooting and bullet placement and target indication/feedback took a FZCK of a long time and now everyone on THAT target lane is fed up....

Well this course is THE place to make mistakes and learn but when shooters show up with hardware I warned you (about not being so successful) in my first post, it certainly serves to add to my stack of anecdotal funny stories I can tell to rookies. Humourous situations make us all learn better.

So you will be surprised how fast I can get things rolling but, BIG BUT, people gotta get in the game....and then we can motor faster, get more rounds downrange and boost the learning curve. What’s not to like?

Best fun you can have with your clothes on costing $80......

My RAV4 is all packed including free swag....

Cheers, Barney
    Butts Officer here...you will all learn to present and mark the targets in a clean, timely and efficient matter...and have fun at the same time! TT and I work the comms to ensure every shooter is presented their target without prejudice...we were trained by the best! I promise to use my caring and calm, yet stern teacher's voice to motivate you all. Life's too short to be yelled at for your mistakes. Targets up!!!
    Last edited by sgmacken; 03-23-2018 at 07:57 AM.

^ Blah Blah Blah ......Bring more Duck Stew and everything will fall into place ...LOL
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Bwahaha. My wife just asked not 5 minutes ago if we wanted her to make some banana bread to take up for the weekend...to which I replied it would be a poor substitute for Duck Stew.

thanks for the base map Chalkriver!!
    "I shoot better in the rain" TT

“Be the head of a chicken not the tail of a bull” Toyzone

So where are majority of the folks heading to tonight ? Burrito or Kelseys? We are 2 newby shooters coming up from GTA and would be great to meet some folks before Barneys abuse starts tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by aogun View Post
    So where are majority of the folks heading to tonight ? Burrito or Kelseys? We are 2 newby shooters coming up from GTA and would be great to meet some folks before Barneys abuse starts tomorrow.
    Don't know. Either option seems ok.. We probably won't get there sooner than 8 pm so I dunno what the deal is for meeting up tonight

Business Member
    Huntsville Pita Pit right now and the driving is beautiful. The#### is still at Elwood Epps where I happened to buy some Eley Ammo for the Rimfire PRS fun in the future.

Just a kind reminder that shooters have to keep an honorarium handy in cash of course for our volunteer while will play the role of Gate Sentry at Bravo range. Remember that we civvie shooters are on a military range by invitation and we must respect the Range Standing Orders. They require a sentry present as we are shooting. These kind sentry folks give up their weekend so that we can be free to shoot and learn. Chalkriver2 is Morgan and he will be collecting said monies FOR the sentry.

Questions or queries? Please be safe on the highways. Let’s set ourselves up for a fun weekend

Cheers, Barney

I'll be heading out in about an hour, traffic depending aiming to be at burrito around 6:30~maybe 7ish.

Chris / Shotgun, do you have the ammo covered?