Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 717192021222324252627

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR Clinic 24-25 March 2018 Debrief Here!!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCCO1989 View Post
    Any future PR Clinics? Would like to attend
    If you mean the two day clinic that we run once a year, then we are done for this season of 2018. But many people have simply showed up for the hybrid clinic/match weekends that we have FIVE of happening once a month here in Garrison Petawawa....

Sometimes I wonder (instructor hat, ON) if the Hybrid weekend is more effective for teaching newbies. Maybe we did TOO Good of a job and might just run with said Hybrid weekend with clinic / walk back / match format.

Anyways there are many chances to get out and shoot. Take advantage of them!

Cheers, Barney

The Hybrid clinics were instrumental in getting me into long range shooting, gave me a chance to get dope and write down lots of notes in a calm controlled environment. Then the Sunday it was time to put everything to the test.

Yes, miles better than the MVP varmint, very happy with it, even with the mediocre ammo I was using. (The other annoying problem with the MVP was that it would occasionally fail to grab a round when running the bolt forward).

FYI anyone looking for a budget build of a .308 chassis free floating barrel with box fed mag, this is probably your best bang for the buck.

Any good Remington 700 short action rifle
    Bushnell Tactical 10X40, Mil-Dot Reticle
    (Sun shield: zipties, silicone caulking tube (ID is just a hair larger than the scope OD, perfect!) and black plastic sheet (really useful when it rains))
    Millett Aluminium Two Piece Base
    Leapers low profile rings
    Magpul Hunter 700 stock
    Magpul magazine mag well kit (includes 5 round AICS mag)
    Magpull or other 10 round AICS mags
    Leapers UTG Recon Flex M-LOK Bipod
    Tourbon Bolt Knob Rubber Ball
    (Cheek rest: Cohesive tape (3M VetWrap), and camping mattress foam strips)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    So that new rig worked for you did it? Sure beats cleaning out blown primer pieces from your bolt face.... blown primers sure mess up your mental game!

I’m building another client shooter.... nothing special just another SPS Tac in 308 that’s got a Magpul Hunter stock and now I’m gonna mount a Bushy 10 x 40 mm tactical scope for clients to play with

So for the rest of you, now that you have experienced the simple magic of shooting at 600m, what tweaks are you going to make to your rig??

Cheers, Barney