Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR Clinic 24-25 March 2018 Debrief Here!!

EMT sent.

Box test question was answered.

Also for scope I can bring. Leupold VX6 w Plex reticle only... No BDC or I can put the Burris Eliminator 3 with the fancy reticle etc. (I can keep the batteries out to learn)

Your advice would help on deciding which to put on the 308 savage 10TR.

Thanks

Business Member
    ClintH and Shotgun, your EMT deposits are good to go. Warm thanks for that.

Shotgun, that VX6 does it have target turrets? A duplex reticle in this game will get the job done. Bring on the questions.....

Folks....I don’t know what my internet signal is gonna be like in Tamarindo, Costa Rica at the villa so I will be trying to stay in touch via this means...flying out tomorrow Friday 22 December, stay warm and safe, and dry!

Merry Christmas and Happy Harmonica!

Cheers, Barney

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    ClintH and Shotgun, your EMT deposits are good to go. Warm thanks for that.

Shotgun, that VX6 does it have target turrets? A duplex reticle in this game will get the job done. Bring on the questions.....
    Hi Barney

Thanks for confirmation. Well the turrets have covers but they can be removed and then they're hand turned dials in MOA. 0.25MOA clicks.

These are the CDS capable turrets. No coin operations.

The Burris is the same. Except of course it's supposed to be automated once properly dialed in. Hmm maybe I'll bring it and see if I can hit at 750yds.. calibrate the auto feature lol

Lemme know. Thanks

Wow...not a PR shooter myself but if I was this clinic sounds like it would be fun and a great learning tool/experience.
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

I guess this clinic, on this date in March, being in up in Pet, will potentially have people reciting "I shoot better in the snow, I shoot better in the snow".
    Just a thought, would it be prudent to replace the sunscreen and bug dope on the list for stuff to bring with hand warmers, etc,... ?
    Cheers.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    I guess this clinic, on this date in March, being in up in Pet, will potentially have people reciting "I shoot better in the snow, I shoot better in the snow".
    Just a thought, would it be prudent to replace the sunscreen and bug dope on the list for stuff to bring with hand warmers, etc,... ?
    Cheers.
    Weather? You only need : Sight picture, Sight picture, Sight picture!

Elmonty: got your EMT. Great thanks.

Yes always be ready for the weather; that said I would bring my snowshoes. Chalkriver4 will remember using a snowshoe to rest the GPMG Pintle on while providing cornering fire. The MG tripod was permanently mounted to my weapons det toboggan. I had to provide covering fire for my sections flanking.

There were three of us in the PPCLI Weapons Det callsign 31...they were: me , myself , and I.

So when I was told to set up a Machine Gun somewhere up the hill and in the tree line, I lifted the GPMG off the toboggan pintle and a couple of belts of ammo and one snowshoe from my rucksack... and this wonderful experience opened me up to the possibilities of an undergrad degree in Science at the University of Alberta.

Bring snowshoes for the PR clinic. Enough said... Hahahaha

CGN frequent flyer Northern Amateur's Avatar
    Well, I suppose I may be todays (and March's) challenge. Newbie here and would love to tag along. Not new to firearms, just new to long range. I have a couple small calibre set ups however I believe the following may be best suited as it has the best scope.
    Savage 10TR 24" barrel with brake, Vortex Viper 6.5X20X50. Will that work? I don't have an Anemometer so will need to acquire one. Majority of the my outdoor clothing is hunting related so it's all camo. Is there still room?

cheers,

CGN Regular
    Hey guys,

Looking forward to getting out in March to help out with the clinic. I have been shooting PR for the past 5 years and running the matches the last two season for the ORA. So have a few tips and tricks I can pass on. Would be great if we can get a few hours of barricade work in as well.

Cheers
    Ryan

It will be nice having you up here again Ryan. We purchased some new steel targets ..have you seen them on our facebook page ?
    I will be bringing a bunch of steel and some equip and barricades .We will probably have a chance to use them while Barney runs the classroom portion the first day and they will be set up for Sunday as well. And if anyone is bringing a restricted firearm they will need to send me a pm so I can get a letter of invitation out to them. As well if anyone wants any local info or maps let me know.
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Amateur View Post
    Well, I suppose I may be todays (and March's) challenge. Newbie here and would love to tag along. Not new to firearms, just new to long range. I have a couple small calibre set ups however I believe the following may be best suited as it has the best scope.
    Savage 10TR 24" barrel with brake, Vortex Viper 6.5X20X50. Will that work? I don't have an Anemometer so will need to acquire one. Majority of the my outdoor clothing is hunting related so it's all camo. Is there still room?

cheers,
    Use my Kestrel 2000 ni big deal. Your Savage and Vortex setup sounds good to go...I’m assuming your Savage is a 308, life is good. Lots of room. EMT away.

And yes Ryan Saturday morning is a perfect chance for the experienced shooters to let loose on some steel. Concurrent activity we call it. We will be doing class room stuff all Saturday morning. It’s a great use of time and resources...

It’s 35 Celsius here in Tamarindo Bay, Costa Rica and I’ve got just enough strength in this sickness to raise a glass of local Imperial beer! Uno cerveza por favor!

Happy new year!,