Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR Clinic 24-25 March 2018 Debrief Here!!

CGN Regular
    Well made it home and unpacked from a great weekend of shooting. It was amazing to see this many new shooters coming out to try Precision Rifle. I always love chatting with new shooters about gear they "need", pointers on positioning, ballistics, wind reading, load development etc etc etc. I was once there too and understand how overwhelming it can be with everything you need to learn to be a good shooter. If you guys ever have any questions feel free to PM me and I will try to help you out.
    Talking with Morgan and Barney we are going to try and set up a 2.5 day PRS clinic in Petawawa some time this summer. It will start from the basics of marksmanship, gear selection and move through to barricade work, stage prep and execution. If this sounds interesting to you please PM me.

Cheers
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_mcle View Post
    Well made it home and unpacked from a great weekend of shooting. It was amazing to see this many new shooters coming out to try Precision Rifle. I always love chatting with new shooters about gear they "need", pointers on positioning, ballistics, wind reading, load development etc etc etc. I was once there too and understand how overwhelming it can be with everything you need to learn to be a good shooter. If you guys ever have any questions feel free to PM me and I will try to help you out.
    Talking with Morgan and Barney we are going to try and set up a 2.5 day PRS clinic in Petawawa some time this summer. It will start from the basics of marksmanship, gear selection and move through to barricade work, stage prep and execution. If this sounds interesting to you please PM me.

Cheers
    Ryan
    Sounds interesting for sure. PM Sent

Business Member
    Quasi unpacked but safely in the driveway. I’ve got a Shzt load of thanks to lay out there and my mind is just racing. Right now I am grateful to be home and drying out my gear.

I am hoping and wishing everyone gets home safely and without incident(s). Just for the rookies to know.... the Meaford LR Steel Challenge had about 102 shooters and upwards of 30 to 35 volunteers and staffers but I could be slightly wrong. Maybe MD Ryan can chime in here. We had 55 shooters on Saturday and that still has my mind spinning in circles.....

Anyways...

What are Your takeaways from this weekend experience. I just wish I had five days and my own private range but that might happen in my next lifetime if I get reincarnated properly and fortunately. I can only wish.

Gotta get showered and unpacked. Cheers and goodnight!

Thanks!!

Barney

Oh yeah and for the skeptics among you who still don’t or can’t believe I’m merely a Religion Teacher.... google search Ontario College of Teachers and look up my name. All my academic qualifications are listed including all my courses. No other professional body offers that service. Try examining your doctor or dentists’ professional paperwork....

Thanks Barney, Ryan and all the volunteers for organizing and offering this event.
    Nice to meet some new people and see some familiar faces to kick off the season.
    Great community to be a part of for sure.

A bit chilly in the AM but both days turned out nice.

Wasn't expecting very much out of the MVP in 223 , looking through a Mark 4 LR/T with the T3 Turrets (1MOA elevation, 1/2 MOA windage), but it got me out (6 hours from home) sending rounds down range. It was .75 / 1 MOA sighted at home and it pretty much held 1 MOA from 100 back to 500. 600 was a different story, maybe 7 out of 10 hits and all over the Fig 11.
    Was a bit worried how the clunky Mossy bolt action would handle the rapid follow up, but it cycled with no issues.
    And dinged the steel once at 600m so I'm happy.

Probably will catch up with you at CQB later this year.

a couple of us that were there this weekend would definitely be in for a 2.5 day PR clinic.

Love the pic's Morgan!, especially the photo where we're all number one, haha!

great meeting all the new shooters, I genuinely hope to see you all at PR1!

And to all the familiar faces, it was great to see you all again. Seeing you guys made it feel like winter is finally over!

until PR1, see you all soon, over and out.
    Even the worst day at the range is still ten times better than your best day at work

The learning curve is still vertical! The weekend was a fantastic success!
    Last edited by Nate.308; 03-26-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    "I shoot better in the rain" TT

“Be the head of a chicken not the tail of a bull” Toyzone

Had a great time at the class, a big thank you to Barney and all the people that worked hard to make this weekend happen!

Thank you Barney and all the volunteers, special shout out to Nate.308 who took the time with us new guys.

I learned that if you're firing from 600m at a steel gong placed in front of the butts berm, it is NOT in fact 600m away, and you will miss high every time unless you adjust for the fact that it's actually at 590m....
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.