Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR Clinic 24-25 March 2018 Debrief Here!!

Thanks to Barney, Morgan, Ryan, Nate, and the rest of the volunteer assistants who ran the event like clockwork, and were very helpful.
    Despite the fact I ran into problems with an un-cooperative BCG, I still learned tons since it was all new to me anyway. Looking forward to a return visit once I have a more reliable /repaired BCG, or a new bolt rifle.
    Oh yeah, I thought it was great the way we populated the local Quality Inn & Suites. Maybe we should just rent one whole floor next time and get a discount? Hah, hah.

Cheers.

Thanks again guys! Learned a lot, and most importantly had a blast. Seeing bullet trace for the first time was sweet.

CGN frequent flyer Northern Amateur's Avatar
    I attended as a rookie with the intent on learning more on target acquisition at different ranges AND to simply have the opportunity to shoot a tad farther than 100m. First off, man that was fun!!
    Take away: take the course before you go out buying all kinds of stuff with the exception of a quality scope and decent rifle. You will quickly learn what is necessary and what is not. My gear bag was way too big.
    FWIW, I was shooting a Savage 10TR, 24" barrel, muzzle brake, factory stock, Vortex Viper 6.5-24x50 scope. Rifle set up worked great however I need a better butt stock for cheek well. Ammo was GD brass topped with 167gr scenar (lapua) and 41.7gr of H4895.
    Shooting beyond 300m is awesome, love it!!! Really want to do this again.

Thanks Barney and volunteers for a great weekend. DND, fix your damn roads.

cheers,

Looks like you guys had great fun! I look forward to making it out to the next session.
    Git er dun!!

Business Member
    It’s often said, “ You want to be great? Then BE GRATEFUL....!”

I’ve so much to be grateful for:

* thanks for all your support from the shooters
    * thanks to the best point man, ChalkRiver2
    * thanks to our sentry who gave up her weekend to sit and maintain comms with Range Control
    * thanks to Range Control for a super smooth march on and off...enjoy the boltface AR Stickers
    * thanks to our butts officers who shared their expertise, experience, and talents with all of you in the butts
    * thanks to the butts markers or shooters because you all caught on fast and worked better and faster than expected
    * thanks to Ryan who gave up his weekend to share his knowledge with us...5 days package into 2...it’s crazy
    * thanks to Steve over on target 11 and 12 for helping out the Meyer shooters
    * thanks to Howard or theDuck as he goes...for all his useful tools on the firing line emergencies
    * thanks to Claude and Mikhael for their help on Saturday and for bringing my steel targets

I’m just recovering from the weekend and another three days taking my wife and 83 year old mom to Grove City , PA on a wonderful opportunity shopping trip

Now to sort out all this Butts gear and swag....

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 03-30-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks to Barney Ryan and Morgan for puting this weekend on.
    Thanks to Base Petawawa for allowing us to use the ranges there.
    Great time all round as usual. Always good to meet new shooters, and shooters from over the years fast becoming old friends.
    See you all in May.

Thanks as always to everyone that made this happen, it was educational and I had a great time.

+Big thanks to El_Monty457, pl_2ic, Morgan, The Whip, and Koesdibyo for the coffee support, it was very much appreciated.

I have some homework and organising for next PR, will be ready and looking forward to it.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john@ View Post
    Thanks as always to everyone that made this happen, it was educational and I had a great time.

+Big thanks to El_Monty457, pl_2ic, Morgan, The Whip, and Koesdibyo for the coffee support, it was very much appreciated.

I have some homework and organising for next PR, will be ready and looking forward to it.
    So that new rig worked for you did it? Sure beats cleaning out blown primer pieces from your bolt face.... blown primers sure mess up your mental game!

I’m building another client shooter.... nothing special just another SPS Tac in 308 that’s got a Magpul Hunter stock and now I’m gonna mount a Bushy 10 x 40 mm tactical scope for clients to play with

So for the rest of you, now that you have experienced the simple magic of shooting at 600m, what tweaks are you going to make to your rig??

Cheers, Barney

Business Member
    Remember when I handed out white grease syringes in the parking lot during the debriefing session??

They are not for your chemical dependency habits. They are for keeping your bolt locking lugs greased. Remember you are all supposed to be rookies so I hand out MUST Have items like a grease application tool. You could go down to Toronto’s Waterfront or Vancouver's Main St and East Hastings street corner or by the bleachers at Jarvis Collegiate in Toronto but I will save you the dumpster diving...

As you clean your PR rig, remove the bolt and wipe it down. Pay particular attention to the bolt face. I use a dental pick to ensure there are no brass slivers present UNDER the extractor or in the firing pin cavity

Then grease up the bolt lugs usually two maybe three. I have six of them

Name:  88D057D5-8D2E-47FB-9E00-31170290CB4F.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  93.9 KB

Now cycle your bolt a few times... feel smoother?

What else did you learn for your $80 after tax $$$ hahaha

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 03-30-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Any future PR Clinics? Would like to attend