Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you keep your guns in a storage unit?

Can you keep your guns in a storage unit?

My apartment has a no weapons rule. So would I legally be able to store them in a storage rental unit? Or does it have to be at your residents?

What a BS rule your apartment has. I would be looking for a new place to call home.

Quote Originally Posted by bcguy604 View Post
    My apartment has a no weapons rule. So would I legally be able to store them in a storage rental unit? Or does it have to be at your residents?
    My feeling, ignore it and just be very discreet.

There's a much higher chance that any storage unit company will have rules in place that prohibit this before apartments would.

PS - They are firearms in Canada, not "weapons"......so if you have guns in your place, you don't have weapons, any more than a baseball bat,
    knives and the like.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    storage companies usually do not store gun and ammo but I know ppl who still lock theirs in storage.

Those cases are full of camera equipment aren't they?
    People following bad laws reduces only freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut77 View Post
    im usually carrying a fishing rod and very heavy tackle box

but in all seriousness, i think there is another post somewhere discussing the humidty and temperature of a storage unit not being suitable for firearms, even if allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut77 View Post
    Yeah I could probably get away with storing a handgun in a small regular looking safe. But a gun locker for long arms would be too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by bcguy604 View Post
    Yeah I could probably get away with storing a handgun in a small regular looking safe. But a gun locker for long arms would be too obvious.
    Obvious to who??? It's inside your place. A cheap Stack-on cabinet with a lock is simply semi-secure storage for your personal good, you don't have to answer to a landlord to that.

How does any landlord in an apartment have any idea what personal items you have? Is this renting off an owner of an individual condo or the landlord of an entire building?

Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    Obvious to who??? It's inside your place. A cheap Stack-on cabinet with a lock is simply semi-secure storage for your personal good, you don't have to answer to a landlord to that.

How does any landlord in an apartment have any idea what personal items you have? Is this renting off an owner of an individual condo or the landlord of an entire building?
    Landlord of an entire building. Its low income housing so they do checks to make sure people aren't hoarding or bringing in bed bugs. They give you 24 hour notice sometimes longer notice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Man I reckon you are making it hard on yourself. Disguise it or get out. I would never put my firearms where they are not within a short walk....
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast