Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted CZ EVO 3 Skorpions @ Dlask Arms Corp.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    I disagree... I think the long barrels on these rifles complete defeats the purpose and appeal to the gun, but that's just my opinion.

I would much rather have the pistol and an arm brace, that way they still let me take it South when I travel there... perfect self defence weapon when travelling in the great ghetto land that has become the USA... as you may know sub 16 inch rifles are not permitted for temporary importation.
    You could have a pistol form carbine registered as a rifle here and still use it as the pistol it was designed as down there, couldn't you?
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:55 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    I honestly have no idea, guess it would depend what is approved on your form 6 NIA, but that form asks you to pick the type as either pistol, rifle or shotgun, and fill in the serial number, overall length, and Canadian registration certification number. if you said rifle that barrel better be bigger than 16 inches, if you said pistol than no stock and overall length would be limited to some number I imagine... don't see how you could have both when dealing with both USA's CBP and Canada's CBSA officials who both inspect the firearm.
    Well we know what aplies in one country, often does not in another. To me there should be no problem claiming that your Canadian stockless SBR is a pistol for the purposes of entry into the states. I dont think they give much heed to the regi cert, they care more about the actual specifics. The regi might just speed up the process of verification.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    You could have a pistol form carbine registered as a rifle here and still use it as the pistol it was designed as down there, couldn't you?
    US rule on pistols is based on features with the main one being lack of sholder stock no ability to attach one. However, how many go to us with something big like evo for carry? I would take m&p handgun at the most.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Yes, we can do conversions on Restricted CARBINE rifles but not for the PISTOL version. (Because it would not change the status) Cost for the full conversion including the barrel and verification to change the status in the registry is the usual $550 + tax.
    Thanks guys this really helps me in making a informed decision now. I have not purchased either yet but knowing my possible options now makes the decision much easier. As I would want to none restricted I would buy a carbine version now knowing this. And the price for the none restricted conversion is to me very reasonable.

One more question is it possible to have the conversion done with a full length shrowd, I personally find that look more appeasing to me.

Thanks for the info again.
    Last edited by ZDC; 01-18-2018 at 05:18 PM.

In for one. Glad I waited for it and didn’t purchase pistol version..

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    Any updates?
    Yeah weren't the shrouds you guys were making due in Jan? And hopefully more of the guns themselves.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Can I just buy a longer barrel?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast