Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SAM Major component SALE LIST

Quote Originally Posted by skoal View Post
    If your new to guns building a 1911 from parts probably isn't the best idea. You would be better of just buying a completed Sam from wolverine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I tend to agree with Skoal but it really depends on you. Your knowledge, patience and skill with hand fitting of parts? If you are you looking for a learning project, maybe yes, if you are only looking for a cheap gun then no. We should have all the other small parts you will need to complete your project, I plan to be listing them in the New Year. These parts are cheap but they are sold "As Is".
    It would definitely be a project with the aim of being able to eventually shoot it.

Thanks for the direction Skoal & Wolverine. I'll do a bit more research before jumping in.

I feel a 1911 would be a good project pistol as there is a ton of information and parts available. Do let me know if you disagree.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well crap, I've been looking for a stainless 1911 full size frame for a bit and missed this. Any chance there's more kicking around?
    Kristian

As for the 9mm SS 5" barrels, were these fitted to slides or are they uncut? Are they the non feed ramp type?

Cheers
    MET
    Last edited by MET; 12-17-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    As for the 9mm SS 5" barrels, were these fitted to slides or are they uncut? Are they the non feed ramp type?

Cheers
    MET
    SAM do not use feedramp in their firearms.

But yes, are they uncut/ unfit? i need one too

Quote Originally Posted by Loosethoughts View Post
    It would definitely be a project with the aim of being able to eventually shoot it.

Thanks for the direction Skoal & Wolverine. I'll do a bit more research before jumping in.

I feel a 1911 would be a good project pistol as there is a ton of information and parts available. Do let me know if you disagree.
    Like John said,it can be done however you need to understand what your getting yourself into. There are specialized tools and fixtures you may need along with internals and it won't be a cheap experiment. That being said if the money dosnt matter much and the end result just needs to shoot it's more then possible you just need to have a understanding of the whole process and that why I say maybe just buy one first and learn how the gun functions and works before you start from scratch I'm not saying don't build one im saying maybe don't build your first one.
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

All these SAM barrels do not have feed ramps, they are the traditional design where the feed ramp starts in the frame, they will all need fitting.

Tried to PM you but admin blocked??

The stainless Tbolt slide with adj sights....does it have its guts ( firing pin/extractor/stop etc) ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    All these SAM barrels do not have feed ramps, they are the traditional design where the feed ramp starts in the frame, they will all need fitting.
    Awesome, I sent an email to Evan this morning about 1 5" SS 9mm barrel, hope he gets my email before they are gone.
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

CGN Regular
    "Awesome, I sent an email to Evan this morning about 1 5" SS 9mm barrel, hope he gets my email before they are gone."

Which is why I phoned as well ( not the item you were looking for, by the way). Great prices.

Quote Originally Posted by terez View Post
    Tried to PM you but admin blocked??

The stainless Tbolt slide with adj sights....does it have its guts ( firing pin/extractor/stop etc) ??

Thanks
    We found that due to the high volume of traffic, PM's were more trouble than they were worth, ours have been disabled since the beginning. Please send an e-mail to Sales@wolverinesupplies.com

Yes, this slide is complete but no barrel is included.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast