Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer P320 Military M17 FDE 3 mags 599.00USD

Quote Originally Posted by Yutrzenika View Post
    I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong. If you have something that says otherwise then I'd like to see it. I just recall an article saying that the actual service model wouldn't have it.
    It would be strange that the army would require a manual safety and then put in all the time, money and effort to test something that they weren't going to use. Imagine trusting your life to something that wasn't tested. As well, all the articles and pictures mention/show a manual safety (like the G&A article). I could be wrong as well.
    ...and I know everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold.

The Army has always insisted on manual safeties on their weapons. When you have a million man armed forces, where young kids and non combat arms types are going to have these, it’s a really good idea. There may be specific circumstances where special units don’t need or want a safety, so it’s nice to have the option, but big Army is going to have a safety.

so kinda curious about this more since Sig Sauer said they're currently only releasing 5k of the m17 to civilian sale and pricing isnt finalized.

The guns shown in the OP's original post are simply standard P.320 pistols in FDE finish. These are NOT M17/M18 pistols.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong. If you have something that says otherwise then I'd like to see it. I just recall an article saying that the actual service model wouldn't have it.
    From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer_P320

The standard P320 has no manual safeties, promoting instant readiness. Instead of manual safeties, an automated firing pin safety ensures safe carrying of the weapon, while preventing accidental discharges if the gun is dropped or roughly handled. The Modular Handgun System (MHS) or M17 version of the P320 has an ambidextrous thumb safety.

From SIG Sauer press release on M17/M18 Pistol: https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...17m18-pistols/

The MHS handgun is a variant of the SIG SAUER® P320® pistol and is equipped with an external safety, an integrated MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail for the attachment of light and laser systems, self-illuminating night sights to maintain combat effectiveness in all lighting conditions, and is capable of accepting a sound suppressor.

From TacticalCache.com: http://tacticalcache.com/details-on-...s-competition/

The Sig Sauer P320 was slightly modified with a manual thumb safety per the Army’s guidelines, and introduced a bright orange loaded chamber indicator, and a small flap in the frame trigger window to keep dust and debris out of the pistol’s action. The pistol also boasts a removable panel on the top of the slide to accommodate optics.
    Last edited by Harrier .45; 12-20-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

The army model doesn't have a safety, they only required the safety for the testing and trials. The actual gun that'll be used in military service won't have it.
    The 101st has begun fielding their M17s. They are equipped with the manual safety.

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/11/30...andgun-system/

BANNED

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green75 View Post
    The Army has always insisted on manual safeties on their weapons. When you have a million man armed forces, where young kids and non combat arms types are going to have these, it’s a really good idea. There may be specific circumstances where special units don’t need or want a safety, so it’s nice to have the option, but big Army is going to have a safety.
    And how many armies have Glocks, all without safeties?

Quote Originally Posted by CZ85Combat View Post
    Yes many armies use the Glock, I bet if you looked at the numbers issued, relative to the size of the army and the level of training, you'd probably find they are better trained and accept the risks. The US Army obviously doesn't accept that risk, I'm sure they have very good reasons why not.

We can't say much, the CF has to tinker with pretty much every bit of kit we buy, to each his own.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ85Combat View Post
    I don't think many regular force military's carry them. A quick Google told me 5 (including the Iraqi Security Forces) but the article is from a couple years ago, so I don't know how much it's changed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast